Video capture Problem!!

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by dmbrown99, Jan 15, 2010.

1. dmbrown99

dmbrown99 Member

Hi there,
    I am really hoping someone can help me here because I am tearing my hair out! I recently purchased a new laptop Acer Aspire 5332 and I want to capture video from my digital video recorder. I had no problem doing this before with my old laptop (which is now broke beyond repair) it was also an acer aspire. The difference was that my old laptop had a PCMCIA big slot down the side, so all i did was buy a pc card with firewire ports on it and it worked perfectly. The problem now is...my new laptop only has one slot. Its a very small slot which i think is meant for camera sd cards and stuff. I tried buying a 1394a card off of the internet as I thought this was the one I needed, only to find the card is slightly too wide to fit in the slot. So Im now lost in how I can get my video to the laptop. Surely there must be a way!!!!! Its a new laptop!!
    Many thanks
    Dan

2. bradnick

bradnick Member

Hi, I purchesed ezcap 166 usb capture for abot £20, I hava a sony hanycam and it was not compatible with windows 7 64 bit. I can now transfer all my video with no problems

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Oops, I thought that that Acer had a firewire port. I can't imagine any new laptop not having one. :(

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010