Video Editing Problems using my Canon FS10 Camcorder and Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by dpsa98, Feb 26, 2010.

1. dpsa98

dpsa98 Member

I just got this Canon FS 10 because its digital and I thought it would be ease to upload video to my computer and edit it. Well it just does not seem that easy.

The video editing program I have is Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 and it just does not seem to want to work. The video plays fine on my Windows movie editor but when I move it into the Adobe program the picture comes up all scrambled with no sound.

I then used any video now converter to convert it to mpeg2 and I moved it to adobe program again and the video now plays fine but no audio at all.

Is there a video editing program that I could use that I can just upload from my camcorder to the editing program edit it and that's it or will I always have to convert it and what program will give me sound and video for that? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

What file extensions does does the Canon files have?

3. dpsa98

dpsa98 Member

Im not sure but I found out that it records in a special format called MOV. I guess I have to convert to use some of the video editing software like my Adobe elements but I need to find where the video files are or I could use apple software to do my editing.