vintage camcorders

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rtrg, Dec 6, 2010.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

RCA, MINOLTA, and HITACHI of the 1980s shared a common design in VHS, full size, camcorders. They used the same battery pack, charger and were almost identical in appearance and function. Were there other brand names that shared that design? I am looking to add to my collection. Any names models would be helpful. Even just a series number would help.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

sanyo and jvc also shared chassis (jvc actually made em .. so a hitachi would be a rebranded jvc, and a sanyo also.. along with those there was the UK brand ferguson .. jvc hardware. .. so in most respects there wasn't anything to choose between them except for the odd button and brand sticker.

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Thanks. Now I know what to search for.

4. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Did you manage to find the manual for an RCA CC-310 or similar unit? Any links?

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

I may have the service notes for that very model.. when I'm sober enough to go digging in my boxes I'll have a look for you.

It seems to be a rather rare and unusual model.. we had a pair of them at college, I think they were more trade items than stock retail.... thats how I come to have the book.. somewhere...

http://www.manualsonline.com/ex/thread/view/idThread/146757