vm instillation engineer ( UK )

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by DodgyMilk, Jul 14, 2008.

1. DodgyMilk

DodgyMilk Member

Just wondered if anyone works or knows someone that works for virgin media as an instillation engineer, my brother has a job interview with them guys next week..he told me about some weird telephone interview thing which took an hour, now he has to go for a whole days training thing, not to sure about the details, just wondered what they do for the whole day, play twister?

2. varnull

varnull Guest

Very likely :lol:

Seriously tho.. As an engineer it involves going into peoples houses so there will be some health and safety stuff, followed by a brew then cable installation, how to confirm the connection is up.. how to enable the cable from the box on a corner somewhere.. and using the kit. Y'know.. what to do if it doesn't work before calling the line men out ;)

All followed by a game of twister as you say .. hehehehe

(only one bunch of twisters here.. virgin suck!)

Back in the day when they came to install mine (it was blueyonder then.... I don't have a legal contract with virgin.. I "compensate" them for my usage these days) the man had been programmed to get people to run the isp's installer disk which was full of spyware.. he was rather upset when as a network engineer I just connected in seconds without the disk or windows.. lmao!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2008