What camcorder should i buy?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by JMcCarv, Apr 10, 2009.

1. JMcCarv

JMcCarv Member

I am looking for a camcorder below $400 that gives some decent quality. I've looked at the Canon DC50, but i'm not sure how good the DVD format will be. Is there a large loss of quality using DVD instead of MiniDV? Can you reccomend a good MiniDV camcorder? Thanks

2. rkponting

rkponting Member

I have Sharp VLZ3U MiniDV camcorder, at the time my purchase it was the least expensive digital camcorder on the market. Sharp camcorders beats out all others in the budget MiniDV camcorder group. I also considered the Sony DCR-TRV19, Panasonic PV-DCx series, Canon ZR60 and the JVC GR-Dx .

3. CB_DFW

CB_DFW Regular member

I have the Canon HF10 and I love it.

If you are not stuck on MiniDV, I would consider the Canon FS11 which goes for $399 at B&H Online. Great company.

DVD camcorder: Check out the DC420

Mini-DV SD - ZR960

If I were you, I would save some more cash and go HD. I got the Canon HF10 for $599 at B&H but I see that it is discontinued now. Now they have the HF11 but it is $799. The HF10 is an awesome camera to me. My opinion of course. Opinions are like butts though, everyone has one.

Hope this helps.

I say, take your time. You want to be happy with your purchase. B&H is a great place to buy IMO. I got excellent service from them and their warranties are affordable.

CB