what causes flickering of screen

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by cphicks, Sep 17, 2008.

1. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

hi again well heres a question for all you clever people. i have a problem, when i play my movies i got from the web, i get a slight flickering on the right hand side of the screen? now it does not happen with bought dvd's, i dont think its the disk either because i put in 10 old movies which i got done and it happens on them too,can it be my dvd player? please if anyone can solve this please reply to this, thanks everyone chris

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

If the DVD's were burned movies, from the web, it is undoubtedly junk quality of the web movies.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

who makes the disks?

4. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

hi ddp ok the disk are from axxo which when i play the movie files on the pc its fine my blank dvd are good ones too, i convert them with convertxtodvd thats a good program, it makes me think its the dvd player, thats all i can tell you, and considering your a moderator theres one more thing i see you do software, i have dvd's from the usa, they are region one, over here is region 2 how can i convert them or copy them to play over here sorry to add question but i thought you might know thanks again

5. ddp

try those same burnt disks on another pc to see if does same thing. who makes your blank dvd disks & don't say memorex? have no idea about region as don't even have a dvd burner in my system yet, just a dvd rom & a cd burner.

6. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

thanks again ddp ive got it sorted i got a program called dvdfab hd decoder, which copies and takes off the protection so you can play on dvd player here, so thanks for your help anyway, all the best luck to you.

7. ddp

no problem, teach & learn.