What does Flash mean!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pzyk1k, Sep 4, 2006.

1. pzyk1k

pzyk1k Member

Ok i have tried countless times to make a working Backup but none of them work. so i just read a guide that said you had to Flash your Xbox to play Backup Game. is that True. i have a Softmodded Xbox using Unleash X can that Play a back?

2. jay641

jay641 Member

If you've modded it properly then yes you should be able to play backups - but it still depends on if the dvd brand you're using is compatible with your Xbox's dvd drive and if you're burning it properly.

You don't have to flash your xbox bios because the softmod should already do that at bootup, I could help more if you said what it is you're doing to make the backups.

3. pzyk1k

pzyk1k Member

ok First i Copy The Game "Need For Speed: Most Wanted" to my XBOX HDD using DVD2XBOX than i FTP it to my PC HDD i Create an XISO using Qwix, then i Burn it Using Alcohal 120% With the Write Speed on 4x im using DVD-R and the Brand is called Memorex. i have Wasted at least 30 DVD disks and none of my Back ups work

4. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

First you need better media , taiyo yuden, verbatim or sony. Next burn at lowest speed possible 1x-2x is great. Another is your drive phillips will only read dvd-r, thompson reads both dvd-r and +r and samsung only reads dvd+r. So I would check what drive you have. Samsung has two mid sixe circles at bottom of tray, phillips has a larger circle in the middle of the tray than the thompson. Next use better media than memorex that's crappy media and you should be fine.