Where am I going wrong?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Ars3nic, May 13, 2008.

1. Ars3nic

Ars3nic Member

First off, here's the specs of everything involved:

Xbox version: 1.6 (softmodded)
    Xbox dash: UnleashX 0.37 (also running XBMC 2.0)
    Xbox drive: Samsung SDG-605F

FTP: FlashFXP 3.6
    Utility: xISO 2.5 (command-line version)
    Burner: Alcohol 120% 1.9.5
    Drive: Samsung SH-S182D w/ firmware SB06 (latest)
    Disc: Verbatim 4x DVD-R DL

So, I'm trying to backup my copy of Forza Motorsport (my other games soon to follow). Got all the files/folders off the disk via FTP, and made the image using xISO, which returned no errors and said that the image was created sucessfully....and PowerISO says it can't read the directory structure when I try to open the 6.5gb image, as it should.

I then used Alcohol 120% to burn the image with the "Image Burning Wizard", on the DVD DAO mode at "maximum" speed, which was 4x during burning. When I first tried to burn the image, I made the mistake of using a Philips DVD+R DL....and when I put it in, the xbox would say the disc drive was empty. Now with a Verbatim, UnleashX and XBMC both say it's a data disc (yet neither display any files in the transfer screen), and the original Xbox dash says it can't recognize it.

So where am I going wrong? I'd rather not keep making $3 coasters, so any pointers? From what I can find, my dvd burner with this version of firmware will bitset automatically and that I don't need to worry about it....but if I do need to change it, how do I? (My Google skills seem to be failing me.) Should I use something other than xISO? Nero instead of Alcohol? I've been googling extensively and haven't been able to figure out where I may have gone wrong.

Thanks.

P.S. - I'm on Windows XP SP3, and the hard drive the image was saved on is NTFS with plenty of space on it.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. varnull

varnull Guest

Try a different game.. xbox games go on single layer disks and an iso should work out at 4.3 or less. I haven't done forza so I can't comment on it apart from this.. The team member who upped it many moons ago chopped lots of the cutscenes and junk to make it fit on a single layer disk. Dual layer things with the xbox1 are really awkward.

To make your xiso use clonexb http://downloads.xbox360-tribe.org/index.php?act=view&id=737 and burn it on a single layer -r disk... quality not too vital, just not cmc and you will be ok..

3. Ars3nic

Ars3nic Member

I'd rather not cut anything out, however, and I know some people have no problem using DVD-R DL's with original Xbox's....and CloneXB will not even make the image from a directory because it says it's too large.

So, anything specific from what I'm doing that seems to be my problem?

4. PikaPuff

PikaPuff Member

I used theses software for forza motorsport PAL

Flash FXP v1.4.2.20
    Simple XISO 0.3
    Padus discjuggler 4.50.1179(mode1/2048/dvd)

The game size for PAL is around 3.7gb

DVD Writer:BenQ 1650
    Disc:Verbatim +R

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  5. varnull

varnull Guest

+r disks will be a problem with 70% of xbox dvd drives ;)

I want to hear more about these geniuses who can make d/l +r xbox games work.. AFAIK it isn't possible.