Where could i find...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by lecsiy, May 26, 2009.

1. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Hey,

For anyway that knows me / used to know me on here. Long time no speak etc etc :)

But yeah on to my question.

Looking for a very short ( 6 cm would be perfect ) 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack (male to male) lead. There pip easy to find in longer lengths but im having no luck any shorter than 12 which was from some guy in hong kong. So does anyone know any good websites that sell this kinda stuff that could help me out :)

Thanks a lot

Lecsiy

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

why so short?

3. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Not for me, but for the parents who need to plug an ipod into the sony dvd player which has some pretty expensive (And nice) speakers which have a connection thatl only fit into they're own box.

Needs to be short to look neat

Lecsiy

4. varnull

varnull Guest

Drat.. mine is a 2.5mm jack

why not make one?.. the parts cost peanuts.

5. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Would be happy too, but would'nt know where to start.

Also wouldn't know what wire to get,

Im thinking two of theese

You're right nice and cheap. But then what cable would i need to buy? And how would it connect to the jack?

Thankss :)

6. varnull

varnull Guest

For neatness I would use this.. but I find it inside scrap electronic kit. It's not easy stuff to buy in short lengths. http://www.netshop.co.uk/productcategorydetail.aspx?categoryid=55687

The wire used on the likes of plug type headphones is screened twin as well.. it takes some experience soldering because of how thin it is..

One of my local-ish places offer a lead making service for "specials" like this .. http://www.modernradio.co.uk/ (it's literally a 2 minute job for somebody who used to make cables for a living.. stage 300m 100 channel multicores?.. takes a day)
    By the time I have jumped on the train (really don't have the time to take a trip over there right now.. and I know for certain I don't have the jacks in my stores.. sorry) and bought the bits it will most likely be cheaper to give them a bell and see what they can do.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2009
  7. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Thanks a lot! Iv given them an email so hopefully thatl get sorted. How much do you think this kinda thing will cost??

Its a shame really cause i really want to get some experience with soldering and electronics, but this does seem a bit complicated for a first project!

Thanks again :)