Which drive to burn 360 games? and how to rip them?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by blooddeal, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blooddeal

blooddeal Member

Hello! I'm new here :)

I just recently brought a LG GH22NP20. (with bitsetting/booktype)

-I managed to use the wxripper method with great success.
    -I heard somewhere that the only way to rip games is using your 360 DVD drive, but i used the LG. After the burn completed it didn't work on my 360... yes my 360 is flashed with 1.5 or 1.6.

-I was using verbatim DVD+R DL disks and I was wondering if I should get a pioneer, does it matter witch one? I know the Pioneer 111d is popular but would any pioneer do? How bout one with SATA?

-I used lord of the rings return of the king DVD which is 7.5 it ripped perfectly after finding the number and changing that dummy thing. I didn't know how to extract my own ss.bin file so i just got it off the internet. When i used ss merger the box was red.

-After the rip i got my game iso over 7.5GB i used the ss file from the internet and burning went smoothly, my drive has booktype/bitsetting.

I'm wondering why my 360 didn't read the disc, could it of been a small error i had made? for example the ss file not merging correctly with the iso? Or the burner just not a fan of burning 360 games? Also I don't want to buy a burner online as today I'm going to return the LG and swap it for a pioneer drive with SATA not IDE.

I know this is long but i need lots of clearing up.

2. blooddeal

blooddeal Member

Sorry, I'll post in the correct section

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.