WinXP ti Win2000

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by viper023, Mar 9, 2004.

1. viper023

viper023 Member

RIght now im running WinXP. Is there a way i could uninstall XP and install 2000 without formatting the ard drive. Thanks

2. RudeGod

RudeGod Member

I think you can install 2k as an additional OS, associate it with the rest of the files on the drive, and then simply uninstall XP, all your other files should remain unchanged. I did the reverse process fairly recently, I assume it will work the other way. Don't quote me on this though! Wait for someone else's advice...

If like me you are often messing around with your OS, you might find it advantageous to partition your hard drive and store your personal files in one partition and your OS in another. You can then reformat that partition whenever you like without worrying about losing your other files.

3. premier99

premier99 Member

i dont know exactly how to do it but im sure someone here does. but you can delltree out windows and reinstall another os. it kinda time consuming i wish i remebered how to do it, but gateway walked me through it on my moms computer about 2 yrs ago becuase she wanted to upgrade from windows98 to windows ME but gateway would only give my mom the updated restoration disks with winME on it. so hopefully someone else can help you more, im sorry i couldnt help more but at least its a start