Wireless router through Wired router... speed difference?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by KrnBoiJEL, Jun 25, 2008.

1. KrnBoiJEL

KrnBoiJEL Member

Hello,

I searched the forums and google.com for quite a long time now, but couldnt come across an answer for my question, so i decided to create a post.

i'm visiting my parent's place and i brought my laptop with my wireless router. my dad already had a wired router configured to his cable modem, so i just connected my wireless router to it and my laptop started working immediately, no problem. He has internet, i have internet. only thing is..i am a gamer and i am a bandwidth lover. does connecting a wireless router through a wired router cut the speed of my wireless at all? would it be faster (or more optimal) if i were to connect my wireless to the modem itself? or does it not make a difference?

Hope to hear an answer! thanks, bye!
    ~jose

2. bandit008

bandit008 Regular member

if you are going online to game..you deffinately need to use a cable to connect to the internet. When going wireless you always have to worry about signal interferance which makes your signal strength get higher or lower which causes your game to lagg.

the only time it should cut your speed is when some1 else is using the internet...otherwise i dont think it matters