Xbox 360 Torrent backup error

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Erivera89, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Erivera89

Erivera89 Member

hi, i'm kinda new at the whole torrent backup process and i'm having a problem burning the dvd file. For some reason after i'm done unraring the files i get two seprate files, a 35bytes file.dvd and a 7.05gb file.000. I'm not too sure but isnt that file.000 supposed to be a file.dvd also, and if so how do i fix this problem??

2. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

reported...speak of piracy is against the forums

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Case: Discussion about pirated content and piracy, such as converting (downloaded) video and/or audio files to DVD/AudioCD/whatever format. PERMITTED

4. harv5

harv5 Member

Well file names that are numbers (.001 .002 etc) might be archived files created with 7zip. Try using 7zip or winrar (both of which are free and easy to find on Google) to open file.000. If it is a disc image try burning with ImgBurn (which is free) or Alcohol 120% (which is not free but has a free trial) they are both excellent image burning apps. If none of that works then I can't help you.

5. madison3

madison3 Member

Calm down dude, you don't know it's piracy, he could have the original and wants a backup. It's easier to dl a prepatched iso than it is to rip your own copy.

6. hendrixx

hendrixx Guest

yeah tru i have had many discs break which i then downloaded from usernets or torrents in my eyes its not illigal as long as u have brought the original media b4 u download is it our fault that microsofts discs r so cruddy and the disk drive can scratch ur discs, AND the spinner is to big to fit in the hole? just another way for them to limit the use of the discs u buy in my opinoin =. but if ur clever enough rebuying can b avoided.

peace out

hendi

7. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

thats very true, ripping your own game copy takes like 5 times longer then getting it from isohunt

8. steimy

steimy Active member

"thats very true, ripping your own game copy takes like 5 times longer then getting it from isohunt"

depends on your set up. FTP and creating an ISO would still be way faster than downloading it. And if you have the PC drive (Samsung SH-D162C) made to back them up it takes just a few minutes to rip to the PC. Even with a 5MB cable connection you are talking a good few hours to get it from a torrent site, especially a slow public site like ISOhunt.

but to answer the question. Try using IMGburn V2.1.
    you first open the program
    then manually set the layer break like this:
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game
    then you load the .000 file (ISO file) and burn it (usually at 4X)
    If it will not load you can always rename the file and change the extension from .000 to .ISO (your folder options on your PC must be checked before you do this (tools->folder options->view and look under the heading hidden files and folders for this option). There is an option to hide all known file types and this box must NOT be checked in order to see and change the file extension)

People use certain programs to stealth patch the games that require you to change the file from .ISO to .000 for the program to work. Then they do not bother changing it back before uploading it, it is pretty common.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  9. hendrixx

hendrixx Guest

i burnt command and conquare tiberiam wars it had .dvd file and a .000 i was well confused and fault i wasted all my time but i gave it ago and burnt it witha pioneer 112d with out modifying it or patching however it did say prepatched on the download info. it worked great i didnt need to change the file type i just opened it with dvd encrypter and burnt the .000 file i checked the layer break which is always the same as easy as pie..... worked 100% will def do it that way again.

downloading does take a me a bit longer than ripping with my pioneer drive around 40mins to rip a game and 24 hours to download 1 but alot of my games have become scratched and i get an error when in wx ripper so downloading is the only alternitive execpt renting which costs 3.00 pound and why pay this if im paying for unlimited broadband.

10. sbobro

sbobro Member

hi, i hope someone could help me im wondering if there are some games that wont read on xbox backup example i had no prob with 4 of them then i came to shrek the third and ncaa baketball 07 and they dont readit says cant read video iso. anybody please help

11. steimy

steimy Active member

try asking in the Xbox 360 section. I know some people have had problems with certain games. Some things to note.
    1. make sure you are using the most current version of Xbox Backup Creator.
    2. Also you may want to try Schtrom (newest version) on some problem games to see if that may work. I have NCAA 07 and it works just fine, so there is a way to do it.

12. sbobro

sbobro Member

thanks steimy i just posted in the xbox 360 section also i tried schotrom v3.2 is that the newest version plus i think i have the newest version of backup 2.3

13. steimy

steimy Active member

newest version of XBC is V2.5