Xbox 360 won't play burned games...Tried almost everything

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Cowmoogun, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cowmoogun

Cowmoogun Member

Well i'm using memorex which i know is a terrible dvd to use, but it's the only thing i could get. I flashed my 360 and i have a hitachi 48 drive. What i tried today was calibrating the POT. It was originally at 3.34 and i calibrated it to 3.15. Now, should i go lower? I get the same error as before..."clean the disk..power off xbox 360. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. How are the qualities between vertabim and Memorex different?

2. dogvile

dogvile Member

Hi there, i am fairly new to the forum so anyone feel free to tell me im talkin out of my arse if you want.

I had a problem a couple of days ago where my discs where not being read by my flashed 360. I figured out that my writer was the problem.. it was simply not good enough and wasn't burning the disc to the standard that my 360 needs them to be.

I got a pioneer 116d off ebay and the first backup i done it worked first time... doesn't even take anytime to load, fires up straight away.

I would only use verbatims, especially if you are having problems burning them already. They are just simply quality compared to the other discs out there. However like i said.. check your drive first as if its not writing the data properly its not going to make a difference what disc you are using.

Regards

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  3. Cowmoogun

Cowmoogun Member

How could i check my drive? I have a lightscribe Dvd+R DL dvd burner

Actually i have a Lite-on Dvdrw LH-20A1hLL06

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  4. dogvile

dogvile Member

Well the way i tested mine was by getting a backup done by my friend and his worked fine in my xbox... so i knew there had to be something wrong with my drive i was using the write.

The strange thing is that my old drive is still fine when burning normal dvdr's and file dvds etc but just is not good enough writing for the xbox 360...

5. Cowmoogun

Cowmoogun Member

Crap..none of my friends would be able to do this..hmm.

6. dogvile

dogvile Member

Well in that case i would recommend getting a pioneer 116d and getting ImgBurn. This is what i use when burning my backups and they work every time. Assuming that the drive has been flashed properly

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Please use the correct forum as this isn't the correct one for 360 questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.