Xbox backup creator with vista?? Any help?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by 1boarder, Oct 3, 2008.

1. 1boarder

1boarder Member

Hey all, got a new comp the other day. Has vista and for some reason says it is missing a file when installing xbox backup creator?? Anyone have a link to a download for it or the mscomctl.ocx is the missing file? Also is there a problem getting on xbox live with burned games? I haven't tried yet.

2. dogvile

dogvile Member

Hi there, no there isn't a problem getting online with backed up games... As far as vista goes i am using vista right now and the only problem i had installing xbox backup creator is that i needed to copy the file FrogASPI.dll into the same directory as the .exe.

3. varnull

varnull Guest

No problem getting on live with burned games... lots of chance of getting banned tho ;)

4. 1boarder

1boarder Member

When I'm burning the game. How can I tell if I can go on xbox live or not with it? I am aware not to go online if the game isn't released yet but once it is how can I check to make sure I don't get banned?

5. geekmeist

geekmeist Member

To make xbox backup creator work in vista find the MSCOMCTL.OCX from an XP machine with all of its updates; it will be located at C:\WINDOWS\system32\. Copy this file to the directory you have xbox back creator. Then run CMD as an administrator. Navigate the command prompt to the directory where you have XBC and MSCOMCTL.OCX and run this command: REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX

This will make it work.

This info is assuming you have a runtime error regarding the file mentioned above.

6. 1boarder

1boarder Member

Okay, got the games burning fine.. I have only gotten on xbox live once and that was too download some extra for elder scrolls of oblivion. Haven't tried online again since. Just tried to get on yesterday with a rented call of duty world at war and it says I am banned. What happend? Any way to get past this?

7. geekmeist

geekmeist Member

Please take a picture of the message and post it. Or email it to *removed*

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Email address removed, Forum Rules are in my signature.

9. geekmeist

geekmeist Member

sorry my email addy was removed. Please post a picture of the banned message. I will see if I can help. Also what firmware did you use to upgrade your xbox drive?

10. cactus11

cactus11 Member

how do you run the svr cmd? I keep getting an error message.