Xbox backup problem cant see contents of xbox drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sade1984, Jul 10, 2004.

1. sade1984

sade1984 Guest

Hi I'm having problems when I am connecting to my xbox using FlashFXP. I loaded the Evo dashboard and can see the contents of my Xbox, but am unable to see any folders relating to any games I put in my Xbox. The only thing that seems strange is that when using Evo dash with a game in the light stays red and not green although when playing games the light is green. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

Sooo can you actually establish a connection?

If you can you will see the files on the right side of flash fxp, they are your xbox files.

If you put a game on your hdd it should be located at F: in either games (for dvd 2 xbox) or something else if your using pxhdd loader (the folder name excapes my mind atm).

3. sade1984

sade1984 Guest

Thanks for info

Using DVD2Xbox now and am able to tranfer accross. I am currently having to tranfer to xbox hard drive and then back to pc, is there a way of tranferring directly from CD drive without having to do it twice? Also having transferred 2 games onto my hard drive to play (one original one backup) the backup is in black and white is this a PAL / NSTC issue or am I doing something wrong (yes I know use both originals but just wondering). Thanks again

4. clarky

clarky Regular member

if you want to transfer from the d: thats fine. Just put the game in the d: double click the drive in flash fxp, select the files you see, and transfer them to a file of your choice on your pc hdd.

then patch the .xbe files and create your iso and burn it.

5. cyanfalc

cyanfalc Member

clarky, this is what I've done so far. I've copied the game to my pc (NCAA Football) but I do not understand the procedure for this xiso. I have yursoft, but what EXACTLY am I supposed to do. Am I supposed to go to my evox file, my back-up file that I made the game from. Please give me the 411 on EXACTLY what I'm to do.

6. clarky

clarky Regular member

OK. Now you have the raw files on your pc, yes?

1st of all get another program other than xiso

May i suggest qwix (from www.xbox-scene.com) in the download section or Craxtion 4 from www.craxtion.com (also get the .net framework form microsoft too, details are all on the craxtion webpage)

Ok (for qwix) click tools and then patcher open the folder where your game is located on your pc (eg spiderman folder) now you should see the folders and some files with .xbe at the end (eg defalt.xbe) click each of those and click the patch button each time.

This will remove the media flags and allow the game to run.

Now click create iso (big icon on the same side as the tools icon) now choose the file where the data is locates (ie spiderman folder) and click it so that the folder looks *open* now click create iso and it will ask you where to save the iso file.

It is important that you save the iso file in a DIFFERENT file than the one it is being created from. ie call the iso spiman and save it on your desktop.

Now click create and it should be done between 4 - 20 mins (depending on size and computer specs).

Now when you have the iso file on your desktop your ready to burn.

OPTION 1 - NERO

Open nero, close the wizard, click open, choose all image files, locate your iso file (from your desktop or wherever you saved it) DONT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS apart from the burning speed 2x or 4x and burn it. If all goes well your game should work fine.

Option 2 - Record Now

close the wizard, choose image, click options, TAO closed and choose 2048 dvd as the second option.

Add your iso file choose min speed and away you go.

Ok with craxtion 4

A wizard will start up as soon as you launch the program.

Choose create an iso

Choose the file that your game data is located within (again ie spiderman) click it once so it looks *open* click create iso, the program will automatically patch the .xbe files and create the iso file in a location of your choice.

then burn the iso the same way as i have mentioned previously.

Ahh i think thats all. Let me know how you go.

Clarky

7. cyanfalc

cyanfalc Member

Thanks! I'm up and working now clarky. I have copied two games with success. Here's the thing that I have encountered today. I received a message when trying to dupe Prince of Per...
    "FOREIGN IMAGE FILE" "the entered block size does not correspond to the image length. the block size may be wrong. do you want to correct the problem or ignore the problem." the others went through no problem. Just chalk this up as a lost cause or is there a cure. this is using NERO by the way.

8. clarky

clarky Regular member

Never Had a problem with p-o-p when i backed it up. Are you still doing it directly from the d:? or from a hdd drive folder? Did you patch the .xbe files?

Try making the iso with qwix and burning with record now (see above posts) and see how it goes. But like i said my copy works great.

Let me know how you go. To be honest i have NEVER seen this error before, so you may just need to re do it (ie the transefer may have been interrupted) the first time, anyway its just a thought.

CLarky.

9. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

re previous post further up:)
    If you have PxLoader, then the folder for games is f/HDDLoader,(or e) PXLOADER calls the game files PxGame0, PxGame1 etc etc
    also weird you should say it, but I had a similar problem, I created an xbox hard drive to swap, in an xbox with a 4981_blue bios, loaded my apps etc, then swapped it to an xbx with the same chip, but with a 4983 bios, and it woldnt see the contents.
    I reflashed with the 4981_blue, and then it did

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Ignorance isn't bliss.....It's just costly![/small]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004
  10. cyanfalc

cyanfalc Member

I have another question not relating but here it is anyway. I used NERO to burn copies previously. Pretty simple. I have yet to hit Blockbuster for another rental but my free 30 day trial of NERO has expired. :( I do have something called Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 however. Can I use that? Holla at me when you get a chance?

11. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

cyan dude dont mention you rent games to copy, its sorta illegal n stuff, youll have the microsoft sniffer dogs on your door, oh and maybe get banned from forums.
    PM me regarding the burning software.

12. cyanfalc

cyanfalc Member

I have Windows XP and I used the method of ripping for personal dvd's. I used a tutorial that car.mike explained on this site somewhere. My DVD works great, but only works on my cpu. It doesn't work on my xbox nor my dvd player. Do you have to change some kind of setting and if so can anyone help me with this?

13. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

the xbox drive is a funny ol thing, well theres 3 types, samsung, philips, thompson, and each one reacts in different ways to different media.
    Youll find some play on one, and not others , although the samsung is the most favoured, it does have problems with some dvd+r, however it does play cdr etc.
    the problem youre having is PROBABLY a media brand/type issue.