Xbox backup problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Zim01, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Zim01

Zim01 Member

Ok i did everything that the tutorials said to and i still cant get the xbox files off the cd and on to my computer. When I ftp it says that i am connected, but it only show the files that is on my HD.
    When i click on the D: drive it shows that theres nothing there. I dont know if it is because i have my IP address on my bios the same as my IP address of my dashboard. I dont know why it shows all my files BUT the ones on the xbox game.

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

There is a tutorial in my signature you might have seen. Give that a shot...I'm sure it may shed some light on your worries. If not, just post.

3. Zim01

Zim01 Member

ok thanks alot, i looked over it and i found out what was the problem.

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You're welcome but what was the problem. Someone reading this may have done the same thing you did, or didn't do...

5. Zim01

Zim01 Member

oh the problem was that i put the IP address for the bios the same as my IP address of my dashboard. It didn't work because everytime i connected, i connect to the bios which is something that i didn't want to do.So if you change the IP address for the bios to whatever you want (i put 192.168.0.5) and keep the IP address for the dashboard the same as you had it, then you should have no problem connecting.