xbox backup

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by guydotleb, Jan 17, 2006.

1. guydotleb

guydotleb Guest

I have been reading thread for the last 10 days but still have questions
    I known i have a modded xbox because he can play backup game on it.
    How do i known if his xbox been flashed.
    If the xbox never been flash and i use auto installers to flash it will this change anything on his xbox. Will he still be able to play regular game on it. I tried to contact Djboogie for the auto installer but not luck.
    How do i find out if he has a hard drive install and how big is it.
    I tried to download Avalaunch but impossible, but i think i have evolutionx download in ISO format. I copied the file on dvd, loaded the dvd in the xbox, but i beleive there is something not working, because i can't not see option setting in evolutionx dashboard
    When i copy evolutionx on the dvd do i have to use a program such as qwix before i load it.
    is the evolutionx dashboard is install permanent in the xbox or do you have to load it every time you need to do a backup. If it is intall permanent in the xbox when you load a game do you see ms dashboard or evolutionx dashboard
    I am knew to this stuff and i don't want to F???????up is xbox. Tks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

wow, thats a lot
    What i can tell you is that i bought a premodded Xbox, it was ready
    to go out of the box. I used an auto istaller with no problem.
    Not sure about flashing the chip, but as long as it is an up
    to date version you shoulc be fine. But backing up all your info from the HDD to your PC is a good idea before you do.
    An auto installer will also have all the dashboards on it for you. Dashboards usually take the place of the original, and EvoX will load up when you turn it on, but you can turn it on by pressing eject and it will load to the original MS dasboard, or some dashboards have the option to switch to MS dash and you can get to it that way. Other than changing the time or date you will rarely if ever need to.
    as long as you install them in the correct place you'll be ok.
    I used Slayer 2.6 final to format and install everything on
    my xbox.
    here is a tutorial on how to open the xbox and get to the hard drive.
    very simple, then you can look on it and get the size. If it is the original it will only be like 8GB.
    http://www.teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=672
    you may be able to tell without opening it, but i am not sure how.
    i know it shows each file on the HDD drives size on my dashboard.
    but i think it is in MB and not GB, wish i could change that.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006