Xbox Backups: Disk Dirty or damaged error...Help!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by SpAz328, May 7, 2006.

1. SpAz328

SpAz328 Member

I’ve tried to burn a few Xbox games by using dvd2xbox and then transferring the files via FTP to my computer using Quix to burn an ISO and then DVD Decrypter to burn 2 DVD. Everytime I get the same disk dirty or damaged error. What do I need to do? I’ve read a crap load of TUT’s and I’m still having this problem. Please Help!

-SpAz328

2. d2rights

d2rights Member

3. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

Instead of using dvd2xbox, I would recommend jsut skipping that whole process and your ftp to access the disk in the drive, and then creating an xISO. Also try using Craxtion somtimes it works better, and one more thing make sure you are using dvd decryptor at 1x speed, it affects things greatly.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, you should skip the DVD2Xbox part and FTP strait from the DVD Drive (D) to your PC. DVD2Xbox is more for putting things on your HDD and playing them from there.

The media you use can be a key factor, cheap DVD's just do not work well. I have done quite a few games using FlashFXP to transfer the game then Craxtion4 to build the ISO, then DVD Decrypter to burn it and have rarely if even had one that did not work.

see if this helps any, you can get Craxtion4 in the download section on the main page of that site as well.
    http://www.teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=166

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  5. SpAz328

SpAz328 Member

that worked THANX!!!