XBOX Coasters, Need Help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by barton261, Sep 5, 2005.

1. barton261

barton261 Member

Okay I have an xecuter 2.6 chip with xecuter 2 build 4977 bios im running avalaunch 0.49.03. when I try to back up games its like a 50 50 chance its gonna work. I have burned 2 games that work perfect on nexxtech dvd+r and tried 4 games that dont work. Madden 06 xmen legends, and halo 1&2. I have tried using different media I tried memorex dvd-r still nothing. what usually happens is i stick the back up in and after the xbox logo comes up the screen just goes black if i try and run the game from XBMC or the file manager same thing. Im using WSFTP Pro to take the info off the disc. Then use Qwix to create an iso I have craxtion 4 also but get the same crap. After the iso is made I have tried nero and sonic record now to burn it and got nothing. In one case I got madden to say the disc was dirty. So I dont know if there is something Im doing wrong or what but im sick of making coasters. Any help is grately appreciated. Thanks.

2. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

dont use WSFTP all you need to do xbox back ups is craxtion 4.0 and if u want to backup fable use 3.1 go here http://www.craxtion.com/ and get all you need to do the job ive made alot of backups and no coasters but 1 <which was fable is why i said use 3.1 for fable only> craxtion 4.0 has FTP and xbox ISO maker or a rip xbox game option for quick copying make sure u get all the required programs tho you prob already have .net framwork comes with most pc's

Last edited: Sep 5, 2005
  3. barton261

barton261 Member

ok I have been trying to get craxtion to work all night and I cant get it to ftp to the xbox for anything it just says connection can not be found. I have read on here that craxtion does not work with avalaunch so if you are using avalaunch or have any other ideas. Thanks though.

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I agree w/ Xenokai...

What you should do is use Craxtion 4 to rip the contents of the disc to your computer. Then I would use either Craxtion 4 or Craxtion v31 to turn your game folder into an XISO. I would then use DVD Decrypter or Alcohol 120 to burn your XISO to a QUALITY DVD-R.

When I say quality, I'm not talking Memorex or Maxell, just take a look at this DVD Media Guide, http://teammodders.com/dvd_media.php

What DVD drive is in your Xbox? I had a Thomson in the past that would read some games, and other games it could not read worth a crap. The weird part was that I used the same exact discs, and still got so-so results.?..

Here are some tutorials for you...

[bold]Using disc ripper w/ Craxtion 4[/bold]

http://teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=166

[bold]Turning your game folder into an XISO using Craxtion v31 & then burning the XISO w/ DVD Decrypter[/bold]

http://teammodders.com/page.php?page=backupxboxgames

Let us know if you get it figured out!

5. barton261

barton261 Member

Again I just download craxtion v3.1 and im still trying to get v4 to connect to my xbox it just saying a connection cannot be established

6. barton261

barton261 Member

Also I have a phillips dvd drive in my xbox but the first two games i have burned on them have worked flawlessly now everything i make is crap for some reason. - I have given up on craxtion 4 there is uderly no way i can get this program to connection to my xbox and i dont have a different dash to load up. Thanks.

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Sorry, I looked over your 2nd post...

Ok, well screw Craxtion 4. U could try QWIX, but as long as you can get the game from your Xbox to your PC successfully, then keep using whatever your using.

Just use Craxtion v31 to create your XISO, and then use DVD Decrypter to burn the XISO.

Try that and report back...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2005
  8. barton261

barton261 Member

ok question.. I can get the files to my computer just fine. I have been reading and aparently you have to patch the games before you make and iso of them... how fo you do this.. craxtion 4 is suppose to auto patch it but when i click create an iso it brings up this patch box and lists the files that need patched but doesnt do anything. I just click done and the box goes away. so does that mean it patched it cuz the files say previously patched next to it but i didnt know if that ment it was going to do it or what. Also I have the DVD Decrypter but what do i need to do as far as setting it up or will it work with the defaults.

9. barton261

barton261 Member

ok this is what i did i copied to game to hdd with dvd2xbox then ftp that to pc with wsftppro and created iso with craxtion 4 and burned with dvd decrypter and i have a working copy of halo now, so far so good. I figured that the dvd2xbox would patch it as it copied to hdd. But if there is an easier method please fill me in thanks.

10. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, so far so good then. I would just keep using that method, since it works good for you.

Otherwise, you could get EvoX on your Xbox, and then you could use Craxtoin 4 to rip the disc and that would save you time from downloading the game to your HD.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2005
  11. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

craxtion 4.0 will work go on ur evox dash or whatever u got and look up ur xboxs IP address then xbox as the user and xbox as the pass it will work btw Craxtion 4.0 pactthes it automaticly when it says that pop up that means its been pacthed itl say somthn like previouly patched or somthn that means it just pacthed it find out what ur xboxs ip address is by default it is 192.168.0.2 and u should go to ur ether net port properties and goto the tcp/ip and and change that to 192.168.0.100 it should work if u havnt messed with ur xboxs ip

12. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

You'll have to use a different dashboard(other than Avalaunch)if you want the FTP feature in Craxtion to work.Evolution X should work with it.

13. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Simple solution...FlashFXP and CloneXB..craxtion/qwix are too much hassle for me..I just don't have the time to mess about with .net framework, vb6 and such..and Clone XB is FREE..this works with every dash I have tried..Evox, avalaunch, unleashX, neodash et al...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2005