xbox dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by motomods, Feb 8, 2006.

1. motomods

motomods Regular member

I searched the forum for info, but i cannot find anything regarding where to get the dashboards from. I am looking at getting one but where do i get it and how do i actually get it installed onto the xbox hdd? Is there a site to download from or buy it or what? Thanks

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you can get them from #xbins

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

4. steimy

steimy Active member

once you get the dashboard on the PC then just FTP the whole folder with all the files into your Xbox APPS folder, then you can access it from there.

If you waant to change the new dash to your default dashboard it is a totally different process, but since i have not had any success doing this myself it would not help me to explain it in detail.
    But from what i understand you have to use the file browser, go into the C: partition and find the dash you have now, like Evox.xbe
    then change the name to Evoxold.xbe
    now take the new dashboard and transfer the files, not in a folder but the actual files, over to your C:
    then name the new dashboards XBE file to Evox.xbe like the original one was.

someone please try to do a better job explaining that process. as i said i have not been successful myself as i have not been able to change the names of the XBE files without an error. so i just let it load to Evox and then run the others from my apps folder on the F: partition

5. motomods

motomods Regular member

thanks for everyones help.. i apprieciate it and look forwared to hearing a few more things.. thank to everyone all the info is very helpful..

6. str8maks

str8maks Member

does that mean steimy was right? did it work motomods? i want to go from evox to anod-x myself unless anyone has objections.

7. motomods

motomods Regular member

str8maks:

I havent actually tried to do this stuff yet.. I am gettting as much info as i can about all of the mods yo can do and then I am going to take a day and see what I can get done.. I will let you know if it works, but i assume it will..

8. zachb90

zachb90 Guest

9. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

IN xbins they have alot...

10. str8maks

str8maks Member

i have AID v3 i juss dont have it on cd. i wanna know if i can FTP Anod-X to my xbox and get all its functions, and what does anyone who has/done Anod-X think?