Xbox game from PC to Xbox...How to?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by QuenteK25, May 27, 2006.

1. QuenteK25

QuenteK25 Member

Ok, so I still love to play MVP Baseball 2005 and since my nephew comes over a lot (3 years old) I had my brother in law backup all my games onto my PC. Well he moved and my nephew broke my MVP disc the last time he was here (apparently he likes frisbees). So how do I get the backup files off my PC and onto my xbox so I can keep playing this game? My box is modded, but I never copied this game to the hard drive, just to my PC.

Thanks!

2. bigbwoi

bigbwoi Member

all you do is find it and then download qwix to convert the files to iso format, then burn it to a dvd at a very slow speed and that hould be it.

3. QuenteK25

QuenteK25 Member

Thanks...is there a way to put the files directly on my xbox instead? I'm buying a bigger Hard Drive to put all my games on the box so I don't have to worry about this in the future and can just put my discs away where no kiddies can get to them.

4. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

The game files can be FTP'd over to the xbox. Depending on your skills this may be quite harder than just burning a new disc.

5. QuenteK25

QuenteK25 Member

So what do I need to use on my PC to do that? Evox?

I've used the xbox saves manager before to put roster saves on there, but I imagine the games are more difficult and obviously use a different program....

6. sesko

sesko Regular member

your game on your hard drive will already be in a iso file, just use your favourite burning software to burn it onto a dvd...

7. QuenteK25

QuenteK25 Member

I understand that I can burn it, but that is not what I want to do, especially since I don't have a DVD burner...

8. sesko

sesko Regular member

wrong thread for this answer!

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  9. sesko

sesko Regular member

sorry wrong thread, was talking to someone else earlier and got an email and just assumed! lol

10. sesko

sesko Regular member

you will have to ftp into your box, using either a crossover cable or router, then once into your box, just find your games folder and move it into there! thats all i do for mine!

11. QuenteK25

QuenteK25 Member

Thanks, I'll do that, do I need any special program to FTP into my xbox? Or am I just doing it through Windows?

12. NwbSpank

NwbSpank Member

u need flashftp
    download it and set ur ip's and send it

13. steimy

steimy Active member

14. evocre8r

evocre8r Member

It's quite simple to transfer the games back to your xbox. Since you have already backed them up, I assume you have some knowledge of the transferring process. Follow these steps:

1. Locate the game on your PC (whether xISO or file folders)
    2. Connect to your xbox via FTP. (many use quix but I find wsftp to be more efficient and somewhat faster...maybe my pc? )
    3. Once conncected, locate your "F" drive (or whatever drive your saved games are on).
    4. Simply click and drag the game xISO or game folder over. A 4gb game usually takes about 10 minutes.
    5. Close the connection and refresh your list. Some may recommend restarting your xbox but it is not required.

A very important note is to prepare the files for transfer prior to the transfer. If the file is an xISO, place it in a folder by itself and label the folder the same as the xISO file. If the files are not in xISO format, crate a folder with the name of the game, transfer all the files into that folder (default.xbe, etc.). Then transfer the entire folder over. This is the way I do it and it works.

I hope this helps,
    Scott