xbox harddrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pogie, Jan 2, 2006.

1. pogie

pogie Guest

i have back up games on my xalx2+ harddrive and it is getting full, i want to burn these to disc to free up space..how????

2. pogie

pogie Guest

hello////

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

First off this is a forum not a chat room. So give time for people to answer you back not 5 minutes. It could take only 5 minutes or could take a day to get a reply. If no one answer your question and it gets down to the bottem of the list then post Bump on the thred and it will go back up to the top of the list.

As of freeing up HDD space from your Xbox...

FTP to your hard drive and transfer game folder to computer HDD and use Quix from the link below to make an xISO or you can FTP with Quix and get it right from the Xbox HDD which will make an xISO to burn to disc. Use DVD decrypter to burn MODE/ISO/WRITE

http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  4. pogie

pogie Guest

thankyou, and yes i didn.t realise this isn't a chat room.
    does qwix work with evolutionx?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Quix should bebale to FTP to any dashboard I know I have UnleashX and it works with it. The reason it is on Avalaunch web site is because there is some feature that Quix and Avalaunch dashboard can do that makes it faster or somthing when you FTP the 2 togther. But you dont have to use Avalaunch with Quix.

You should bebale to FTP to Evox with Quix and rip the game off HDD or off the DVD Drive and it will make your xISO in 1 step.

Or you can use an FTP program like FlashFXP and transfer the game folder of your DVD drive or Xbox HDD to your computer HDD then create an xISO with quix and load the game folder on your computer HDD into quix and let it do its work.

6. pogie

pogie Guest

larrlje....thanks so much for help, though cant seem to work out how to put game folder into qwix..also why is this necessary if qwix created an iso of it....are there any help files for qwix....
    thanks again for help

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If Quix has already made an ISO of the game then no need to have it make another. But in order for the Xbox game to work you need Quix to make an xISO(ISO) of the game your trying to copy.

Run QUix and choose (Create ISO)

now you can either get the game folder off your computer HDD by selecting (Local folder) then go to the game folder.

Or you can get the game folder off your Xbox by choosing (FTP Folder) and then browse to the game folder.