xbox music

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by itpro1000, Oct 31, 2007.

1. itpro1000

itpro1000 Guest

I have some music ripped to my xbox. How do I get it off the xbox. I took out the hard drive and set it as a slave drive in my pc with hopes of accessing it. My pc would not boot up while it was connected as slave or any other mode. I tried to ftp it and I was getting a 169.254.108.202 address and it was a private network not dhcp. confused?? Do I need a router for this. If not, then crossover to the pc-right? I have 2 onboard ethernet ports one is an nvidia port. I doubt it matters, but does it? Everything on the xbox is factory default. I also had trouble with flashfxp. So what do I do?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You can't "really" FTP an unmodded Xbox. There is one way, but it will not allow you to salvage the music as it is not stored in MP3 format.

The console uses it's own filetype...

Sorry!

3. itpro1000

itpro1000 Guest

Can I not just connect it to another drive as slave? So How do I mod this the quickest, safest, and easiest way. I have all the tools, and resources as all techs do?

4. Lainai

Lainai Member

Connect it to another drive as slave? You mean as a Slave drive for a computer? It won't work, the XBOX uses a file system known as FATX theres no way to mount that to a regular computer that I know. To softmod your xbox however, if you look in the person who first responded to your post you'll see his sig contains a link to a list of tutorials.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/536595