Xbox,& PS1.2.3 Console Modification

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by woodski7, Dec 28, 2007.

1. woodski7

woodski7 Guest

Hello,
    I;m a newbie as far as backing up and or copying original games. From what I have been reading. much of the advice and instructions I've come across involves modifying your game consoles with a chip etc.

Is their a simpler way to play copies of Xbox and PS games without opening up the console.

I have read that the Samsung sh-d162c, 163a-b-c & d rom drives flashed with Kreon 8.1 firmware are able to read an Xbox game in it's entierty even the hidden coded files on the disc.If this so why would a console modification be necessary? I have imgburn for the ISD file preparation and I have been looking closely at "Alcohol 120%" and Game Copy Pro.

I would appreciate it if someone can tell me if I'm way off base and if so please offer any suggestions you may have.

Thanks For your help,

Woodski7

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Xbox can be modcihpped or Softmodded.

PS2 needs to be modified via hardware.

Xbox 360 can have the DVD drive firmware flashed.

3. Nilram

Nilram Member

Have any idea how to accomplish this with a PS2 version 7?

4. varnull

varnull Guest

Swapmagic 3 .. play backups on a ps2 with no modifications.

Have you seen the price of a samsung sh-d162c or any of the 163's?
    You can get a full xbox for about 2x the price, and no need to have to do all the disk/iso messing. It is far easier to use your already modded xbox to read the disks (because copies are no use to you anyway without one, unless you are just a pirate intending to sell them)

You haven't mentioned 360 so I haven't either