xbox reading burned dvd-rw's(without getting modded)

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Bounty21, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Bounty21

Bounty21 Member

Does anyone know if xbox supports burned dvd movies using dvd-rw without getting modded.

2. pmg68

pmg68 Guest

mine doesn't read anything but 'Originals' unless I turn the mod chip on.

3. Mr_Tyler

Mr_Tyler Member

Hey, about a mod chip for xbox and dvd-rws.

im thinking about getting a dvd-rw, and what is a good brand/model. and what kind of mod chip can i gte that will let me play copied xbox games. Also, my friend got a mod chip, the Xtender i think it was called, and when he saudered the wires in, his Xbox live no longer worked. So... i was also wondering if there is a modchip that is compatible with xbox live!??
    thanks!

4. Bounty21

Bounty21 Member

well... let me tell you something get a dvd burner i have a pioneer dvr-ao5(thats the model number) and its very good for movies and games. I know from experience that i backed up a couple of my friends games that he want to use and keep the originals but for xbox live if u install a mod chip u can still play but make sure to install a on/off swithc on it so when u play xbox live all you have to do is turn it off or if u dont then your xbox will get banned from xbox live and you wont be able to go on it anymore.

5. vwdevilo

vwdevilo Member

Hey you can see movies without modchip, using NERO burning tool, use dvd+r besure to get the one one with hte "+" sing are best result more compatible with a lot of players and machines. i dont know if work with dvd+rw or dvd-rw.

Suggest buy a HP200 dvd+r ,dvd+rw works great

6. c7015

c7015 Regular member

Actually the minus format is more popular but the ps2 and x box can read both