Xbox Reboots when I try to play Need For Speed: Underground out of EvoX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by big_g-man, Jul 23, 2004.

1. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

I have a modchip, EvolutionX, and a 120 gig hdd installed and have already backed up a few games. most games work perfectly when run off my hard drive. "need for speed 2" and "soul caliber 2", however, do not. when i select them in the launch menu, the whole xbox reboots. "halo" and "chronicles of riddick" work fine so i know i'm copying them right. Splinter Cell 2 freezes every time i try to play it, but i don't know what to do about that. can someone help me with any of this?

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Try going into the system settings and change the TSR options. If the debug mode is selected, this is probably the cause. Change it back to normal and see the game works, let me know.

3. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

where can i find the TSR options? i looked in the settings in EvoX and FlashFXP and couldn't find it. Thanks for the help.

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

TSR should be under "system settings" from the Evox Dashboard. It should also display IP address of your Xbox and stuff like that, scroll down to almost the bottom of the page.

5. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

i have v1.8.3285. i don't have a TSR option under my settings. i have IGR (in game reset) and RDTools and DNS settings if that means anything. i have my IGR set to "no" and my RDTools set to: Enable: Yes
    Name: Xbox
    IGR: No

Do i need to set this to No as well?

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Ok that's the problem, you are using the outdated Evox. Yours is 3285, the latest build is 3935. Get that and it should fix your problem.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"For gaming supremacy, there's no power greater than X."[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2004
  7. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

thanks so much for the help. i think i found it on mIRC.

8. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

No problem, glad I could help. I find most problems are related to old software. Stay up to date and you'll rarely run into any more trouble.

9. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

okay, i replaced my EvoX files with the new v3935 and found the TSR settings and set it to Normal and NFS: Underground, Soul Caliber II, and GTA: Vice City don't work but Halo and Chronicles of Riddick do work. when i press "a" when either of the three games that don't work is selected, it says "launching" and then goes back to the EvoX screen. i've played with all the settings and they still don't seem to work. now i have no idea what the problem is.

10. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Try turning TSR to off, and don't forget to save at the end before you exit. Then try loading the games again. I have all those games and they work fine off my HDD.

11. neehit

neehit Member

i have also replaced my evox files with the new 3935 files. Every game works except crimson skies. It loads and just keeps loading. In TSR i have tried it with normal and disable but still same problem. and yes i save after every change. any ideas???

12. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

neehit:
    just out of curiosity, have you tried any of the three games that don't work on my hdd? and what does TSR stand for anyway? and my hdd is unlocked, i think. it says "security: lock disabled". could this be a problem? i'm not sure what locking the hdd does.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2004
  13. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

TSR is for game trainers I think, some games are not compatible with it if it's turned on.

Also try to lock your HDD. A locked HDD allows you to play games online via Xbox Live, although you will need to use the original bios and the original game disc.

14. neehit

neehit Member

big_g-man:
    All three games work fine in mine...
    Only have problems with crimson skies...its loads to evolutionX screen and freezes.. HELP PLEASE
    :(

15. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

if i lock my hdd, will it function the exact same? (backing up games, ftping, etc.)

16. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yup, the HDD is supposed to be locked. If you hook the original Xbox HDD to the PC, you won't be able to use it. A locked HDD is a security measure implemented by MS so that only that HDD works with that Xbox, and to prevent people from looking at the "other" stuff other than gave saves. I have mine locked and don't ever run into problems with backing up games. All those games you guys mentioned work fine off the HDD on my Box.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"For gaming supremacy, there's no power greater than X."[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2004