xboxhdm 1.9 ... making a new hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by s10n, Apr 2, 2007.

1. s10n

s10n Member

I have a softmodded xbox which has clicky harddrive and keeps crashing so thought it was time to upgrade.. now i've backup up both the C and E drive off the xbox onto my pc and then used copied them into the folder C & E in the xboxhdm file and then created created that ISO and burn it to disk... and now heres where im stuck, The CD boots and then brings up the menu with the four options and then i press 1 and it says ... "loading fatximage" then once that has loaded it begins to load "initrd" and then after this loads i get no further, it says something like
    " ready
    you have passed an unidentified mode. press returen for video code or you have 30 seconds"

then after that i just get system halted :S :S :S.. help meeeee lol

2. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.teammodders.com/forum/using-xboxhdm-to-build-an-xbox-hard-drive-t87.html
    only thing i can give you is that.
    And that you can get a real good copy on Black-Cats that is set up for making new hard drives for softmodded systems. It has the newest MS Dash built in and i think also contains the SID program for when you have to re-softmod the hard drive after you build it. I have not done one yet myself, but may have to do a friends this weekend. Just another reason i urge people to get a mod chip installed. It would have taken you 10 minutes to switch out the drives and about an hour more setting it up and getting all the stuff on it from Slayer 2.7 and you would be long since done, without having to rip apart your PC to do it.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007