Xecuter 3 CE Solderless ModChip Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by stevepre1, Feb 6, 2006.

1. stevepre1

stevepre1 Member

This is new to me but, I just received my Xecuter 3 CE solderless mod chip today in the mail. I just tried to install it according to the directions on Modchip.com and other sites. The problem I am having is when I place the solderless adapter on the motherboard it doesn't quite fit right. On the instructions it states to use the "rivets". Here in lies the very problem because the Places the instructions state to just slip in "rivets" are sealed up. I checked around and I can't find anything to expain what I'm doing wrong. Every thing suggerst that all xboxes are supposed to have these holes in the motherboard but mine does not. Please Please Please help.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

damn sorry to hear about the problems.
    I don't know about installing chips but i will suggest that if no one here can help you that you go to the teammodders link in my sig below and ask in the xbox modchip section there.
    They have a few people there who install them, they also do installs in you don't mind sending it to them.

3. cearel

cearel Guest

you have the kit for the wrong version you probly have 1.6 solderless kit

4. Stewage75

Stewage75 Member

Sounds like you have a version 1.0 xbox. I'm not sure if that chip will work on it or not. Check their website for a tut on a 1.0 xbox.

5. Stewage75

Stewage75 Member

I just checked and there are two versions of that chip, one with a solderless adapter for versions 1.0-1.5 and another for 1-6-1.7. Which one did you get. The actual chips are the same, just the adapter is different.

6. cearel

cearel Guest

yea like i said you probly have a 1.1 or 1.0 box with a 1.6 kit

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

8. cearel

cearel Guest

thats what i did common sence

9. castrogg

castrogg Member

I just got the Xecuter 3 CE ModChip
    Xecuter 3 CE Solderless ModChip even though I think I installed it correctly I am not a geting a blue light to signify my chip is working.I keep getting this red light.Even after I keep pushing the power and eject buttons can you please help me in finding out the problem :)

p.s Im not sure if connecting the alternative 5V wire to the x3CE is necessary

10. cearel

cearel Guest

you might be holding the power button too long try just tapping it

11. castrogg

castrogg Member

yeah Ive tried that already.I think I discovered that I have to DO all the X3 Adapters wires.Maybe also connect the 5V alternate power source.I hope I got the right adapter and mod chip.Here's my info maybe you can help me make sure I did ,thanks

serial # 6145113 50305
    Product id# 561 6145113 50305
    MFG date # 2005-01-14

12. cearel

cearel Guest

its probably right but when you put in the adapter you have to make sure all the leds come on do they??

13. castrogg

castrogg Member

No when i originally put in the DO I only put one wire in and not the rest of them,so I think I have to put all of them in.I also havent connected the 5V alternate wire so I think putting all those will make all the lights turn on the adapter.Right now I only get a flash when I connect the power so Ill try doing all those things.

14. cearel

cearel Guest

you have to have the 5v thing hooked up or it wont work at all

15. castrogg

castrogg Member

oh ok thanx I will give it a try what about the DO ? Do all the wires need to be hooked up to the motherboard? Cause I only put in one wire

16. cearel

cearel Guest

when you say do you mean just the one strait wire if so you need them all hooked up

17. castrogg

castrogg Member

yeah thats what I meant ok so I need to hook up all the wires ok gotcha. I will do that and connect the 5V alternate power source thanks

18. cearel

cearel Guest

do you already have a tut if so why didnt you do it in the first place lol

19. castrogg

castrogg Member

Can you send me a link where I can get a better picture of where the DO connect? Its hard to see where exactly i put the wires thanx

20. cearel

cearel Guest

ill look