1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16th bd party

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by emachine, Oct 4, 2006.

1. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

nah, not my style man, i'd be more inclined to follow them home, then take out their whole city block with a series of nice explosives.

2. Sniping_G

Sniping_G Regular member

STRIPPPPPPPPPPPPERRRRRRRRRRRRR LOL, lol jkn ,for my 16 bd (2 months ago) was so crap i did nothing just stayed home lol,i guess ill wait till im 18 n do sumtin big

3. gamename

gamename Regular member

sooo destructive.

4. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

yup ur ganna get ur drivers licenece perfect way 2 start off by messing up a car...lol

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

darth: guess what i'd like from you for my next birthday? :p

6. emachine

emachine Guest

My best friends bd party was off the hoook. He had it at his dads antique shop lol, but theres a huge empty storage area, and we had 8 xboxs 3 ps2s tons of food and drink, air mattress, a couple pcs with css, skateboards bikes lol it was crazy and we made over 50 works bombs so sweet.

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

That what I did as soon as I got my license, I totaled my parents car! I learned to drive on a 1949 Nash but drove my Parents 59 chevy up a pole and it took some doing to total a 1959 Chevy:

[​IMG]

The chevy had this new fangled thing called power steering. Manual steering, the wheel came back hard enough to break your hand so you pulled you hand away while power steering stayed in place so you had to turn the steering wheel straight again which I failed to do. So after wrecking their car, my mom bought a beauty exactly like this (1965 Ford Shelby Cobra GT):

[​IMG]

She said she bought it because I was young but damn could the old lady drive! Had that car for a long time but the floor rotted out. Forgive the nostalgia ... you started it with wrecking the car when you get your license LOL!

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i would knock my roomie over and put a bullet in the back of his head for that shelby... >.>.....

9. emachine

emachine Guest

lol, no thanks if I get in a wreck, my dad will never let me drive again.

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

428, dual feed four barrel, four on the floor; damn did that thing fly ... raw power flying on Sunoco 260 which you could get at any station in those days (probably got 5 mpg LOL! but gas was 28 cents a gallon.)Two things neat about that car besides the obvious: those side vents worked like a charm and if you sat in the back seat, you could reach behind, open this almost hidden flap into the trunk and reach into the cooler all while sitting on the back seat. We did some pretty unsafe things in those days but they weren't frowned upon, if you can believe that, but it was "boys will be boys" in those days.

11. emachine

emachine Guest

So you had that car when you were 16, what did you rents do?

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

gerry, how can it be a '65 and a 428? the gt 500 wasn't out in 65; that was the gt350, packing a 351 windsor.

*edit*
    i've got a 2005 Subaru Impreza RS right now...it's my 4th car and only has 4 cylinders, but it's faster than my old V-8. 28 mpg and all-wheel-drive...i absolutely love it.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Aus...well, you've got me there; I don't know. It was a GT350, we bought it used; but it was only a year old. I know there were some modifications like the Holly 2 feed 4 barrel but I could swear it was a 428 ... long ago though, I could well be wrong!

BTW: I don't even have a car anymore (not here anyway ... I still own a 1965 Chrysler but it's in NE and mine by title only, my brother in law reconditioned the whole thing.) I rent one when I need one. They're just not practical in the city.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2006
  14. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

wow 4 cars Auslander u must be $$$

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i doubt it had an engine-swap...however, with a few modifications, a 351 can outrun a stock 428 rather easily.

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

PAN5Y: dude, i'm not rich at all. this past year my family came close to losing the house, lol. for those interested, here's my list

[bold]1960 Chevy Truck[/bold]
    had this from when i was 12 to 15. it was a rustbucket that got stolen. i had it in a shop for tranny work...the mechanic couldn't fix it and let it sit for a year, then demanded i pay for letting it sit. my family and i refused, so he sold it. we sued and got some money for it, but i really miss my three-on-the-tree sometimes.

[bold]2001 Hyundai Accent[/bold]
    my family picked this up as a cheapie car (got a great deal on it), and after my truck was gone, i started to drive this. my truck was a six cylinder, but this 5-speed, 4-cylinder was a good bit faster. and got about 34 mpg. my dad still drives it as a work car. mine from age 15 to 18.

[bold]1996 Dodge Ram 1500[/bold]
    this was my first V-8 and automatic tranny vehicle. i drove it to school a bit and mainly just used it to haul around equipment and do farm work. we still have it, at just over 105,000 miles, parked on a hill next to my house. all we do is get hay with it and pull stumps. mine from age 16 to current, but i have no access to it here at college.

[bold]2005 Subaru Impreza RS[/bold]
    my parents helped me get this for college, as i needed a safe, reliable car with good fuel economy to drive for the next 6-10 years on a regular basis. we found a great deal on it, and it's the best car i've ever driven. i prefer it to the cadillac i had on rental at one point, lol. 5-speed, 4-cylinder, and just all-around awesome. there are pics in my profile.

i've driven various other vehicles that found their way through my family...a '94 GM LTD Explorer van, an '87 Bronco II (actually got it the day i was born, and would have kept it, except the engine block cracked), my sister's 2003 v-6 mustang (which she's nearly wrecked several times..i'll tell if you ask), another old van i don't really remember, a Subaru Brat, a '74 camaro..on and on.

my family, like so many other redneck families, just went through a lot of high-mileage, used cars.

17. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

wow u type fast...

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

got the subaru for my 18th birthday, basically...though i'll still wind up paying for nearly all of it. lol, 4 cars may sound like a lot at 19, but when you put it in context, it's not too bad. i've also been in 5 wrecks, but only one was my fault and i was the only one involved. people just don't see little vehicles on the road.

*edit*
    as for typing fast, thank you...it's the only way i can respond and still read 60 pages tonight.

*re-edit*
    ger, i want to see pics of you and that chrysler! ^.^

*re-re-edit*
    that '96 ram has been an awesome truck. at 88,000 miles we had to rebuild the tranny, but other than that, it's been rock solid. the body may be starting to get some small rust spots, but it's parked outside...what can you do? the drive-train is still strong and it still works as the best non-dually, 4x2 farm truck i've ever seen.

19. emachine

emachine Guest

Oh so now were talking about cars lol, My dad and I are sharing a 2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6peed for in the summer, its hot. I mean I know your gonna be hating on it because its a honda, but its really nicer than any american car its got 248 hp which is pretty good. Also its more american then dodge, 85% of the parts was made in US and it was made in Marysville Ohio. So its like buying an american car.

But yeah its real sporty with the 6speed, then you have all the comforts of a sedan, like heated seats, and dual climate control, 6peed in dash.

20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hondas are good cars. unlike many people around here, i don't care what country a car comes from, so long as it's a good, reliable, efficient car. "you're costing american jobs"...."you're not supporting your country!" B-frickin'-S. if american cars were more reliable, powerful, and fuel efficient, i would buy them, regardless of whether they cost more or not. but they're [bold]not[/bold]. except for trucks, i never buy american, and i probably won't ever, unless there's a major change in the industry, or i'm picking up a classic. or a viper. that's the only car dodge has done right in recent years.

*edit*
    and by "around here," i don't mean AD. i mean the midwest, missour in particular.