1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biggest Mistake Ever - Returned Copied Movie to Blockbuster

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ckurt25, Apr 25, 2006.

1. littlegun

littlegun Regular member

Actually Netflix did have a class action lawsuit..

They were guaranteeing DVD's within 1 business day and they were not living up to this thus they got sued.

Now whether it was Netflix trying to slow down the mailing due to this person ordering alot or the plaintiff was in an area with crappy mail service...who knows...

2. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

Okay my friend is a mail man, he said those cracked DVD's are from lazy mail man who do not sort them when they pick them up. the company they belong to does not always catch them when they are sent back. they need to be ran in a special sorter (this sorter decides were they dvds need to be sent) so that the dvd's do not get destroyed. The normal sorter for mail just crushes them. It also happins when they arrive in there destanation city and they are not sent to the proper machine. The reason dvd's with nexflix has slowed down is because the shipping cost when the cost of a stamp went up so did the rest of the cost for mailing. Netflix took a major hit so they slowed the sending process down. My friend told me that and I also saw it on CNN.

3. jeray

jeray Regular member

it still beats going to the video store.

4. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

ckurt, I'm not surprised at the outcome. Blockbuster doesn't care. It's still embarassing though, and you should know better.

1 copied disc isn't exactly HARD EVIDENCE in the first place. Even if you were found to have a collection of copied discs, I doubt the feds would do anything to you, prosecution wise, unless they thought you were selling them.

And blockbuster sucks compared to Netflix.

5. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

Yeah I've heard of BB and NF slowing down your rentals because of renting too many. I have BB online, and sometimes I forget to send the 3 I have back and when I do, I usually get the next ones on the list faster. And then there are times when my aunt and the Legion of Minions (her kids LOL) are over and since we have like 4 TVs, those three movies end up getting watched and I return those the next day. There are times when they're over quite often, so returning the movies the next day happens a lot.

I know that if I returned a copy in the mail I'd probably freak. Then again, there have been a few times I got the right sleeve, but the wrong disc. So I don't think they check them that well :D

6. XxRUINSxX

XxRUINSxX Regular member

NetFlix has a lot of broken/unplayable discs...

I just got another one two days ago...two in the last three shippings! The postoffice sucks, haha

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I work for Royal Mail, I use Amazon for renting my DVDs, I haven't received a broken dvd yet, I think your problem is either netflix or the numpties before you that rented them. I love the way people blame the Post office!

8. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I don't think netflix throw those broken disks. You were suppose to get a free month of serive. If you were a netflix custmor when they got sued. I think it's true that if you return the dvd in 1day they do slow your process and they will think your burning them.

9. yamumma

yamumma Regular member

@ svar91
    What does LMAO mean?

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

(L)aughing (M)y (A)ss (O)ff

11. yamumma

yamumma Regular member

ooooooooooooooh.......

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

yamumma / lajr1980- 'fraid your signature pic is too big
    aabbccdd - 'fraid your sig pic has sneaked up in size again

[bold]Signatures[/bold]

These rules exist to make viewing the forum as pleasant as possible to all users. Even though you might think signatures with large pictures look cool, some might find them extremely annoying.

1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text.

2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

3. If you use an animated picture in the signature, it should not be too distractive. Eg. blinking images or images with quick movement are not allowed.

4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

5. All the abovementioned rules for forum posts apply also to the signatures.

13. yamumma

yamumma Regular member

sorry about that!
    changed to sig

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@yamumma - thanks for the courtesy of replying/complying; however the sig is too long now... pls have a look at the size req's again.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  15. yamumma

yamumma Regular member

16. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I like netflix. The only reason i'm doing blockbuster is because you can rent 4games a month. for free.

17. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

You get 4 games a month for free? I only get 2 lol

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

you can get 1 a week for the month or 2 a month either or

19. coolGray

coolGray Regular member

or what? lol

20. enrage

enrage Member

im glad everything worked itself out for the better. i would be pissin my pants too if that happened to me