1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clone Starview Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by wdot, Mar 8, 2008.

1. sewsunker

sewsunker Member

WHICH IS THE CORRECT FIRMWARE FOR THE CLONES?

2. bzqwx2

bzqwx2 Member

Hi just want to clarify I have an original Starview that i want to update tonight but not sure if original or clone, looking at forum there appears to be a bit of conflict on the amount of vents to count, I have seen a comparison picture in the past but cant find it. Can any body assist. Thanks

3. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

easiest way is to check which side the scart sockets are on, as you are looking at the back of the box, if the scart sockets are on the left side its an original and if they are on the right its a clone.

4. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

there is now new firmware for clone boxes m8

5. sterobbo

sterobbo Member

Hi Tafsir can you please tell me where the new clone software is.

6. desres69

desres69 Member

HI EVERYONE, THIS MAY SOUND REALLY SILLY BUT I HAVE A STARVIEW BOX, UNSURE IF IT IS A CLONE, IVE READ ALL THE THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR...BUT 1 SAYS ITS A CLONE THE OTHER SAYS ITS NOT...PLEASE HELP! I HAVE 18 VENTS X 7 ON THE TOP AND WHEN THE BOX IS FACING ME THE SCART LEADS PLUG INTO THE BACK OF THE LEFT SIDE. IVE HAD THE BOX OVER A YEAR AND WHEN IT GOES DOWN SOMEONE COLLECTS IT AND BRINGS IT BACK TO ME FIXED. HE IS NOW NOWHERE TO BE FOUND AND I HAVENT GOT A CLUE WHAT TO DO CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP...I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL..IM IN THE LONDON AREA V-M THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE XXX

7. saabaero

saabaero Member

hi i need help how do i find out if i have a clone or a star view the box? i locate the following from the receiver box:- star view, APU ver3.00e_E, Boot Ver:7.0 27 may 2007. thanks in advance[/quote]

8. saabaero

saabaero Member

[/quote]

i have the same set up - did you manage to get your starview updated so now it auto rolls?

9. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

are you people blind or thick or both? can you simply not read a couple of lines before hopping in to put up a post?
    your question has already been answered, ikf you want more detail go here.
    http://www.freewebs.com/dooby2oon/

10. bzqwx2

bzqwx2 Member

If your box is using software ver3.00e_E, Boot Ver:7.0 27 may 2007 that should have been updated to Ver 4 last June, that sounds like it is a clone check the remote does it have 2 delves on the back of it, at the top of the front of the remote by the power button does it have a recess? if so it is a clone, anyway as already said in the previous links If you update to the new software you will get ver 4 and the auto roll.
    I have used the clone software on all the starview 1 boxes that i have done and it has worked every time

Hope this helps

11. wired21

wired21 Member

thanks for the help it does not have niether. i also check the comparison on the link http://www.freewebs.com/svclones/ and its not a clone! it was working fine until a week ago, do u know the latest software for a starview?

12. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

does anyone know where i can get a new autoroll file for starview clone 2.57e_E boot ver 7.0

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I am stunned, I really am, are some of you really this thick or is it a purpose windup??? Its been stated that there is no autoroll for clones,

do you need a picture of some one holding a sign that reads "NO AUTOROLLS FOR CLONES" no wonder the place came to a halt,

14. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

here here

15. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

you can only help people if they want it. But some people are beyond help as they are just to thick or eager to fix their problem and ignore sound advise and go with what they consider a quick fix

Just on another note, there were clones sold with "V4 firmware" running on them, I have seen them advertised a while back on fleabay, they are not running legit V4 firmware, its a renamed clone firmware 2.57e.e. The only way to make sure you dont have a clone is to open the box, never mind counting vents.

Look here and compare what you have

http://www.freewebs.com/svclones/

Once you do this you will know what you have and what you need to do.

16. starview0

starview0 Member

WARNING do not load the clone file onto your box i had to jtag my box this morning because i didnt follow the advice on here.

17. bzqwx2

bzqwx2 Member

Look I know some people are new to this forum and have only joined because of the issues last week, I hope that you all continue to support the forum.
    Right down to business the starview clone fix was posted on a earlier link on Friday which I applied to my boxes all ok, you ned to read all the threads not expect others to do it for you.

The clone files are available at http://rapidshare.com/files/106508786/clone_safeautoroll.rar.html

18. sterobbo

sterobbo Member

19. kleener

kleener Member

hey all

Trying to help out friend with a StarView- reading the above comments it would appear as it she has a cloned starview (SCART connections on the right etc) - Alas she updated it with version 4 of the firmware from starviews site and the poor box is dead as a dodo now - When powering it up 4 green dashes appear in the front and then nothing. Reading some threads it seems that this firmware can kill any clone boxes. Just looking for some advice on whether there is any way to get the box back in operation. I tried to flash it to 257eE using the 4.03 gtrom and it lists the device as GCR 3510 but the updates fail.

Any thoughts much appreciated

20. kleener

kleener Member

Just an update on my request above....Seems to have been able to flash it back to life with the following process

Connected the box to the pc with null modem cable but switched it off at the back. Loaded the correct firmware bin file (257) into GTRom & set it to the correct com port, and select App file only then hit Download. Only then switch on at the back to power on the box. It may take a few sec. so wait at least 30 sec. (If it doesn't work 1st time try also waiting a couple of sec. to switch on after pressing download in the loader.) It may take more than 1 try to work, but eventually you'll see the loader kick in and the % bar increase. You won't see the % on the Starview though. Only green lines moving left to right. Towards the end of the flash you'll see a message in GTRom saying FLASH BURNING. Then it will reach 100% and wait for the download complete popup box to appear & the box will reboot back to factory setup. You will have lost any channel data previously on the box & will need to rescan & switch on EMU and set the box up from scratch.

I only have the box with me at the minute so will bring it home and see if i can get any life out of it - Sounds like I will need to set it up from scratch....Please let it work