1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comments please about the newest Nero Version 7.2.3.2b

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by robinb99, Jun 30, 2006.

1. robinb99

robinb99 Member

if i decide to just try the nero 6 ultra edition I have on my other computer- and uninstall this one and use the reg cleaner will I have any problems with the install of 6?

thanks
    robin

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

3. robinb99

robinb99 Member

now this is interesting. I decided to remove 7- used the nero reg. cleaner and put nero 6 i have for my other computer.

After it installed and i tried to bring up the program to test it to burn, it came up with a message that "nero 6 is not compatable with this version of windows". Now on my other computer where it sits is xp pro sp2. The new computer has xp pro sp2. VERY WIERD!

So i downloaded the nero 6 cleaner, uninstalled the nero 6 and reinstalled the latest version 7(b). Still have the same verify program but i am at the point of just giving up and just not verify the completion with cdrws.

robin

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

When you cleaned your system, you may have removed this file, and it may not make any difference if you did not. But see if you have the file [bold]UNNERO.cfg[/bold] on your system. It basically says "allowed downgrade version: 7.0.0.0". It looks like there are 6 of those files on my system--one for each utility. Do a search like U*.cfg to find them.

By the way, I don't use the uninstaller, I just go straight for the clean tool. I have not tracked if the same things get removed, but it seems to work.

I just checked, and the clean tool does seem to uninstall everything I knew about, except maybe the U*.cfg files in the \Windows directory (forgot to check). It also seemed to remove the registry entries. It does not remove some Nero Digital stuff, which I had some of.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  5. rayrou

rayrou Member

Sorry to say, but I had the same problems that Gwendolyne was mentionning above with NV4, the last 2 updates, burning avi, music videos. I can't remember the number of times I installed-desinstalled the whole thing.
    When I get to the last screen of NV4, the one where one can change the speed, the booktype, etc., all the info about the burning project is «out» of the details «button», underlined. Weird...
    Worst is that Nero says that the burning was successfull... But even Showtime gives me the clicking sound or dancing color blocks... Imagine my HD TV!!!
    I taught it was my OS, it seems there is an incompatibility between the new and improved (!) NV4 and my computer