1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copy copied xbox games?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by khadour, Dec 21, 2005.

1. khadour

khadour Member

when i go 2 connect 2 flashfxp it tries 2 connect but always says
    (R)connection failed (connection timed out)
    am i supposed 2 put the game i want 2 copy in first then i connect or il leave the xbox on the menu and 1 more thing whats STATIC and where do i type it in or click on it pc or xbox?
    thank guys 4 all da help

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
  2. khadour

khadour Member

guys i read the tutorial on ftping but i dont understand 1 thing what is xbox dash evolution x and sum oda programs is says i hav 2 put it on static and change the ip adress
    hav i got a xbox dash iv got a chipped xbox pls sum1 help pls

3. scommando

scommando Guest

ok u need to download an autoinstaller some of the guys on here have made them.

evo x is a dashboard. can u remember ur xbox before u got it modded. it had the original green backgroung with the xbox logo n and u could check save games on the hard drive n all that crap well its like that. evox is the one i recommend and u will need some other programs on ur xbox to ftp i wud imagine. ask about for an autoinstaller.

4. roopert

roopert Member

DVDdecrypter can be used to make a back up of a back up.Just create an ISO of the game on your hd then burn.Simple.
    FTPing is only for original games.

5. scommando

scommando Guest

ok u need to download an autoinstaller some of the guys on here have made them.

evo x is a dashboard. can u remember ur xbox before u got it modded. it had the original green backgroung with the xbox logo n and u could check save games on the hard drive n all that crap well its like that. evox is the one i recommend and u will need some other programs on ur xbox to ftp i wud imagine. ask about for an autoinstaller.

6. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@khadour

As far as I know if you have a game that has already been backed up to disc (if that's what you're asking) you can place it in a PC and make a copy like any other disc.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2005
  8. roopert

roopert Member

For some reason you can't do this with copied xbox games,don't know why.The only way that worked for me was making an iso on my hd from the disc.

9. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Now that's news to me "I'm not doubting you or trying to discredit you in any way" but just last night I made a copy of a backup and it worked just fine.

I used DvD Decrypter, Set the Mode to ISO->Read...put the backup disc in my DvD Drive...it read it as a DvD Image and proceeded to back it up.

[bold]EDIT:[/bold]The ISO image is what is burned to a backup disc anyway...why wouldn't a backup program read it?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2005
  10. roopert

roopert Member

Try it and see
    EDIT A back up program can copy the image off the hd but it won't copy disc to disc that's what I'm trying to say.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  11. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

My repsonse was to [bold]khadour[/bold]. He wanted to know if it could be done without running cables back and forth "pc to xbox" with the method described, he can.

Sorry if you think backing up an image and burning it to another disc is too much work but that's usually how it works and unless you're going from burner to burner on a PC.