1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

creaky* Yeah! you can't make stuff like this up ! Well some of it we can but hey as long as noboby's hurt or really offended ! everyones happy so ! Smile on my friends !

2. nailedny

nailedny Guest

I'm Bacccccccccccccccccck. Safe from Wilma, and right back to the dumpsters. Hit 3 today. 1st one, 2 cases 7 t-shirts and best of all a blockbuster employee goft shirt. I am afraid to tell you my plans with that shirt. I'm going to put on a pair of kaki pants and that shirt and go in and tell them I am there to take out the trash. Trash with cases in it of course. lol!! 2nd dumpster, 52 cases. 3rd, 49 cases and some Pharmaceutical rep dumpted his trash in this one. Packages of drug magnets, tablets, mini flashlights,computer case, briefcase and shopping bags. I was in deep, moving around all of that stuff to get to the cases. Free, was really free today. My best friend did come with me today and was a big help. She bought a small flashlight for night diving and thought we needed it so she was using the lazer part point to all sorts of stuff in there. I was laughing my a** off and again could barely get out of the third one. I had my sneaker stuck in a box that I was using to boost myself up. This is just toooooooooo much fun. Big, where do I send my audition tape for the Wonder Woman part?????

3. neodave

neodave Regular member

Nice to have you back. Sounds like BB welcomed you back also. Nice haul. I'm heading out in the AM to give it a shot. Cases are great but the surprise bonuses make it extra special. Congrats.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2005
  4. SolShrike

SolShrike Member

I think Toxy has started an epidemic! :) This thread should be renamed to BIGTOXY's Guide To DVD Dumpster Diving... For Free!

:)

5. videoboi

videoboi Member

You can try using a CD wallet-book if you burn a lot of DVD's/CD's. Hold a lot and not take up a lot of room.

6. nailedny

nailedny Guest

Videoboi,Thanks but we just want to climb in and out of dumpsters and tell everyone what we find, how many we find and how we go about getting what we find. Right guys???? We don't do anything with the cases we just talk about it. AND most importantly, FREE IS FREE. Your idea is a good one, but I started making all these covers for my collection and now I kinda wish I did it your way.

7. videoboi

videoboi Member

Oh, sorry about that, I just thought I would make a suggestion. I was looking for some cases too for our vacations videos, but I have the case, but no paper or template to make the cover design.

8. neodave

neodave Regular member

Saturday = 3 Dumpsters and 17 cases. Pathetic. I passed on about 6 or 8 that had been sitting in chocolate milk or something. At least the ones I found still had the inserts inside. Maybe the end of the month will be better.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  9. nailedny

nailedny Guest

videoboi, I am so sorry if I came off snotty. I didn't mean to be and I apoligize. We love suggestions here. You can use any paper you want and find a templet at Meritline. It's called meritline ez label express. It is a free download and I love it. If you need to make covers you can find just about anything at www.cd.covers.cc. Please forgive me if I offended you.

10. nailedny

nailedny Guest

Oh neodave, 21 is better than nothing. Did you have to dive in the rain?? That is kind of fun. Chocolate milk, yum. Get yourself some donuts and jump in.

11. neodave

neodave Regular member

Yeah I know I should be satisfied. Free is free. I was probably just extra fortunate earlier and a little spoiled by it. That big haul may still be just a dumpster away! I was in BB the other day. It seems kinda militaristic in some ways. The guy behind the counter(employee) asked the manager if he could have one of the X-men promo shirts and the manager was like yes but you can't wear it here or there. And just went on and on. I would have told him to keep his freaking shirt. All offices have rules they just seem above and beyond. I know some rental stores let the employees take 'new releases' home before their release date. I betting BB isn't one of them.

12. videoboi

videoboi Member

nailedny, don't worry, I knew that you didn't mean to be snotty, this is a friendly forum anyways.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try.

Update: I can't seem to find the free download you were talking about.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  13. videoboi

videoboi Member

Nevermind, I found it.

14. SolShrike

SolShrike Member

We're a nice forum? Quick! Our cover has been blown! Man your battle statio... what do you mean we dont have battle stations? My contact clearly states I get a battle station in the even out cover is blo... we don't have a cover?

Ok, nevermind me then :)

15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

SolShrike, nailedny, NEODAVE , CREAKY VIDEOBOI! AND FRIENDS ALL ! Mentioned by name or not you know who you are! SolShrike I in good conscience can not take the credit for The Infection as you call it. That credit would have to go to our Prophetic Potentate of PLASIC ! JVC! Our voice crying out in the wilderness ! , Our patient ZERO of dumpster dive-dom ! Our fearless leader of refuse reclamation! You get the idea ! I am justa guy at the GUMBO festival of LIFE with the canoe paddle ! I keep things stirred up and hope nothing or nobody gets burned! So JVC oh evil genius of the lamp stand up and take a bow! Nailedny Why not just post your tape here on the web why be local when you can be an internatinal sensation ! and in he updated version WONDERWOMAN wears Capri Pants ! LOL! finally got the new printer but sofar only epson makes cartridges for it *&U())&^&()^%$&*(*****) but maybe in a few months generics will be available so !! anyways it makes good dvd covers with Glossy Photo Paper ! Glad to see the infection f dumpsteriis is spreading keep up the good dives ! Happy Hunting Safe Diving , Happy Burning ! "FREE IS FREE " Peace & welcome aboard new and old friends Ciao!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2005
  16. nailedny

nailedny Guest

1 dumster, 5 cases, in the rain. gotta love it!!! I'll let you know when my audititon tape is available big.

17. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

nailedny- yeah but you can do the WONDERWOMAN spin move and explode you clothes dry! LOL! Sounds like your starting to have some of my luck now sorry ! YOU Could always close the dumpster lid assuming it has one !!!!!!!!! Never found any shirts yet in the dumpsters ! but the lil' clerk girl at BB gave me one for free once ! Must be my Sasquatchian charm ! or Maybe just good old fashion american fear ! but hey "free Is FREE " right? Perhaps you could wear them for your Photo spread in Better Dumpster's & Boathooks Magazine 's Diva edition! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE To have you back hurricane free though! I did find A bunch of candy once still in boxes - But I'm not that hungry or brave yet !But I did find it ! videoboi- You may also want to try a program called Undercover XP for prinring your cases I find it works well for DVD Slim cases or regular DVD cases - use the setting that says dvd Box for those ! and it is freeware! too - No cost although you can donate to it if you want to ! Use whatever program you like and feel the most comfortable with though ! it's not about the trip it's where you end up when you get there that matters! And to anyone that knows a website where I can find the cover for the DVD BEBE's KID's - Movie would you please post it ! Thanx To all a Happy Haloween! " CHILDREN OF THE DUMPSTER'S -OH! WHAT MUSIC THEY MAKE" BLAH !!!!!! PEACE , SAFE DIVING , HAPPY BUNTING & HAPPY BURNING ! boo!

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

VIDEOBOI- Here you go -http://jump.to/undercoverxp

19. videoboi

videoboi Member

Thanks.

20. GlueEater

GlueEater Regular member

Hi! I had some free time yesterday so I went dumpster diving for teh first time yesterday(saturday). It wasn't a good experience in fact I fear it has turned me away from DD forever. Hit 4 BBs not a single case. On my third BB I was questioned by a cop. I went at midnight so I could see how he might have found it suspicious. Rummaging around I suddenly hear sirens. Naturally I just ignored it, thinking "some lowlife scum probably just broke into a house or something, good for them (the cops) doing there job." Then I see a light, turned around and I see 2 cops holding there flash lights. After about an hour of questioning and stuff, you know routine things, I was let go. Just had to convince them that I was really really cheap. i'll try again next week :D