1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i really don't understand how raiding garbage came to be illegal....if anything, it's saving the environment by a small amount. oh well...don't worry, buddy, the won't get me ^.^

2. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

nah, but the water smelled like hell and was completely discolored. i supposes you could evaporate all the water and scrape out the oils.

lately the dumpsters have been lackluster.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

When have they ever been anything but lackluster. LMAO

I did get an email this week with a made over gabage truck that was converted to a motor home with 2 levels. Quite the travel quarters.

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- I hear you buddy !

went yesterday & not much not even much trash ! I guess if we found cases & computers & Hookah's all the time we'd get spoiled ( Spoiled Garbage - A play on words Lol! ) anyhow I think it's like the old saying about gambling , If you won all the time they'd call it winning and not gambling ! It seems to come and go in waves - you find oodles of cases and then it dries up ! then Oodles again ! I guess we just have to ride the wave when it comes in ! Here's hoping Surf's Up for all of us - Good luck garmoon
    & friends - Hey sounds like a Japanese kids Tv show !Happy diving !Ciao!

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- I remember seeing a B'movie about a Viet Nam veteran who's buddy get's killed by street gang/thugs & he converted a garbage truck into a warwagon/ APC - Pretty decent for a B'movie but I don't remeber the title !- He uses the truck to get revenge for his buddy!

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Garmoon...guess I was showing my age there with the Andy Taylor and Barnie Fife comment! Auslander would be well fed though as "Ant Bea" delivers lunch.

We should picket or something: dumpsters should be nice and clean and only useful stuff should be allowed...that, or perhaps a "recycling bin" of a different sort.

Speaking of using trucks for revenge (though this ain't revenge, I guess): every tuesday morning, in downtown Philadelphia, they have this truck that looks like a gasoline tanker...it has this rotary sprayer on the back and it drenches the pavement in the street with the soapy water solution but you must be careful because it covers half the sidewalk as well. You can tell the locals from the burb folks or the tourists because the locals know whats coming and duck while the others get drenched. You'd think they have the sense todo that at the wee hours but they wait until rush-hour. I never could figure out the purpose of spraying soapy water on the road surface; must have a purpose other than cleaning.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2006
  7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

cleaning the s**t off the burbs people/tourists' feet!!

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@BIGTOXY69

The movie doesn't ring a bell with me.Have you ever just ask one of the kids at BB for the empty boxes. They have given them to me. And yes there was garbage in the bag also but not much.

@gerry1

Goober says hey!

9. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Best times to join in are between 4pm and 9pm (aD time), fell free to join in gezebel ;-)

10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

gerry1-The soapy water may have not been for cleaning so much ,perhaps but to keep down dust- although if you have paved - roads that should'nt be too nuch of a problem ! Crushed rock, Gravel, Ballast ect... That turns to dust/ powder quite quickly ,particularly when driven over by heavy vehicles- and when it's dry like sumnmer time It's dustbowl days again in Oklahoma !!!! maybe a combination of cleaning & dust prevention! Or perhaps the sreet people just refuse to bathe LOL!!!! maybe the mayor's brother owns a bodyshop & soapy streets cause more accidents? Ponderous isn't it? Anyhow good luck ,Dive safe, Be happy !

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- The coumter girl @ BB gave me a CRASH ( movie) T-shirt I did'nt ask for but graciously Took ! I suppose one could ask ,but then it would'nt really be diving then would it? I mean in the truest sense ! Kinda takes the fun out of it ! But I say whatever works ! Dive safe , Dive often ! Good luck !

12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

09/23/2006 Captains Log ! Why not The Captains Sequoia ? Okay ! Okay ! Okay!So I dream big LOL! Went Dumpster diving Nothing in in the first one ,but found 2 cases in the second & one was a double !No Hookahs ! Computers or other valuable parting gifts found ! Tell them what he's won ! absolutley nothing ! LOL! Ciao!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  13. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

I know this doesn't relate to dd'ing; but; I vote that this thread be stickied; because I know a lot of people on here that use this thing daily; so it'd be nice to have it at an easy reach:)

14. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

well whenever there are replies your inbox should recieve an email if you set it up to do so.

15. JVC

JVC Active member

Also, the little black bar at the top, click on "My Account", at the left. Then go down and click on "See List Of Your Forum Posts", 5th link down under "Functions". Can get here very easily, that way too.
    In case you're not familiar with that, it show's every post you've ever made here. Easy to find them all.

Of course, stickied would be nice too. But remember..... they locked the thread for awhile, because somebody complained. It was right after nailedny posted about barfing. :eek:)

I had to almost beg a mod to reopen it. That's when he moved it here. So, I kinda doubt they'll make it a stickie.....

16. boxerpit

boxerpit Guest

well how i store my dvd is in a cd case that holds 64 i can get for a 1.00 so right now for 24 i have 1536 holders that ican use and stroe in my old video tape closet it holds the 24 very nicely with less space and the cd case with a sheet of paper with the titles on it and i also use video librian to keep track of whqt ihave great program

17. 21Q

21Q Regular member

I found two more computers in my school's dumpster
    My blockbuster doesn't have a dumpster!!!

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

21Q- well I'll be ! some Guys have all the luck ! Great going 21Q

19. 21Q

21Q Regular member

yessssssssssss, there's a layer's office by my house and there were throwing out TWO computers, IN perfect condition, The dumptruck was about to take them this morning, They have ME on it and on has an AMD processor, they both have cd-rw drives, 40gb hard drive's, and there is a lot of suff I have to delete as to not get sued.

20. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

which amd cpu's do they have & how much ram?