1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. 21Q

21Q Regular member

If only my I.T. guys didn't ship everything that's broken back to the manufacturer.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

No @ being stickied

All other topics forum has half of the first page full of stickied threads & I dont believe dumpster diving/trash trawling to be of particular relevance to the general populous of aD .. at all !:Þ

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

think maybe it's time to do some sticky housecleaning?

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I did unsticky one before I even replied actually .. and in answer to your question Aus ... N0 !

Can I ask you a question now , isn't it about time you got back to your studies (there at college) you funky gibbon ? ;-)

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Or To quote JVC " FREE IS FREE !!!!!!!"

6. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

dumpster diving rules, but i have an even better hobby... abandoned factory diving! any time i need metal of any kind i take a trip to this massive paper factory that is no more. when it first closed down it was like a mad dash, peopel everywhere taking expensive equipment and selling it on ebay. legitamite people that had purchased the biggest machines in auction were always there with big ol trucks hauling away stuff. we have found some realy cool stuff. old lawnmowers, piles of still-pagaged hypodermic needles, entire labs still full of chemical samples and all that crap, to this day we still find full propain bottles, still functioning computers, huge tvs, old lockers, spave heaters, radios, hell when it first closed down we were just going to hop in some fork lifts in the middle of the night and drive them down the road to our houses. they had this huge warehouse full of multi-ton rolls of defective paper they didnt ever ship, i was going to take a few rolls and use them to make promotion posters for various endevers. thats a huge chunk of a marketing budget GONE! and i live an hour outside new york city, i could have plasterd all of downtown for free!!! huge sheets of paper are expensive! but alas, when i went to take some the entire warehosue was empty.

cool thing is i know for a fact that several people have died in this factory, and even in the middle of the day its pretty dark in there, it feels like freddies boiler room from nightmare on elm street.

7. 21Q

21Q Regular member

oh well for the sticky,, but with the projector, it needs a new lamp, which is $300 or more, so I either juck it, destroy it, take good parts, or sell it, its also missing the focus lens.

8. k2skatn

k2skatn Regular member

LOL, I just went and got like 20 singles, and 17 doubles!!
    Wow, this is sweet!!
    Try BestBuy, they do this too.

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

you guys are managing to keep this thread alive anyway, which achieves the same purpose as a sticky.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

creaky- We try old friend !, we try! - hopefully we'll have more sucessful dives to report soon - weather and dumpster coditions permiting of course ! lately it's been a dry spell in my area dvd case wise & rainy weather does'nt help much either . The call it dumpster diving not swimming right ?LOL! anyway creaky nice to hear you around again . Good luck to you & all the gang of friends ! Old , New & those yet to be made ! "FREE iS FREE !" Ciao!

11. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

indeed, i'm still tuned in for further instalments in dumpster diving land

12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

creaky- as always the Voice of Moderation Speaks ! with eloquence ! hang in there !

13. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

FREE GYM EQUIPMENT!!! i recently got a nice chrome universal smith machine from the gym i go to , fitness usa, i saw a new peice of equipment that had replaced a nifty universal machine and asked wat happened to the old machine, and they said it had been thrown out, so i went back wen it was closed later than night,went around back and ALAS there it was, waiting for the garbage men, came back with my truck and now it sits in my basement next to my other gym equipment.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2006
  14. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Now if only This dry dumpster diving spell & wet weather would end LOL! ( seriously !!!)

15. JVC

JVC Active member

I know what you mean Bigtoxy. I'm running out of cases, and need a couple of good hauls. Gonna have to go diving this week.

16. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Psycho_Can...Congratulations! That's what I call true blue dumpster diving!

@JVC...how are you buddy? It seems that our friend BIGTOXY69 has made you're words "FREE IS FREE" the axiom and battle cry of this thread LOL!

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

or is it "[bold]DIVE!DIVE!DIVE!![/bold]"

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I have to give the Credit - To our resident Guru - Pontificating Potentate of Plastic ! Grand Poobah & lord high Everything else ! JVC " Free is Free " He's the originator not the Imitator - Accept no imitations LOL! Though maybe it should be DIve' Dive , Dive & then "FREE IS FREE" in either case ( Pun not intended ) Good Luck & safe Diving Fellas ! & NailedNy - even though you've semi retired from the Dumpster of Doom LOL! Happy Hunting !!!!!!!!!!

19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Okay - Went tuesday & made a major movie haul ! 33Movies + 3 empty cases - The movies were mostly Scary /horror with some comedy , foriegn & Action thrown in ! They all had their original covers except for about 3 of them . A couple of duplicates - Charlie Chan & the Chinese Cat ( B&W) X2 & Hallows End (X2) horror - One good shape the other was Cracked near the spindle whole and scratched up - terminated that one and made a back-up of the good disc ! Even got one movie with the Bonus disc intact ( Wow). Being they still had their movies in them ( the cases ) They also still had their Yellow locking device in them too ! Manage to remove all but 2 of those dastardly devices without destroying the cases ! Let's just say A pair of Hemostats , a cordless drill and a small drill bit works wonders ! Most of the movies were in as new to lightly /scratched playable condition except for the hallows end movie with the CracK & a copy of Excorsist III that needed a little TlC ! and all of theese treasure were loaded in a plastic Rack like they stack soda in ! So I just grabbed and go'ed - I would have liked to have found more cases but atleast the drought has broken! Hurray !!!!!!!!!!... anyhow Good luck & dive safe Y'all !!!!!!!!!!!

20. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

NIICEE ,lol so where exactly did u find all this??