1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Phyco_Can- ! In A Blockbuster Dumpster Where else ? I've also found a load of cases only in a local Video Usa Dumpster but only once so far !!

2. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

finaly tried this out last wednesday, and holy shit, i have never seen so many cases in my life. i asume no one else in my area dives this dumpster cause its kinda rural and kinda rich. i found literaly 4 full garbage bags of cases. i only took two. i probably wound up with over 200 cases. i threw about 170 cases out cause i just bought a 100 singles, i was mostly looking for doubles and triples. i only found 2 normal sized doubles, three fat doubles, and no tripples. its all kinda silly to do when you can get 100 pack cases of normal sized tripples for 19 bucks shipped, but if you need singles my god, what a haul! ill sell 100 singles for 15 shipped! any takers? ill throw in incert ads and taco bell stink free of charge! later shipments probably wont smell like food as much cause its getting cold up here.

a few days before i made it to blockbuster i went to holywood video, checked the dumpster and there was nothing. then i went inside and asked what they did with the old non-security cases. they said they get their dvds shipped to them already in the security cases or they would have gladly given them to me.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

georgeluv- Well I have'nt had any experience with Hollywood video good or bad ! Blockbuster Yes that's the place! And they have lot's of them around ( BB stores ) I've gotten loads and loads of cases from Blockbuster dumpsters and About 60 dvd's You don't hit evey time but when you do it's worth it ! I found a motherload of cases at a VideoUsa Dumpster But only once ! Still Look though ! Good Luck and welcome aboard !!! Happy Hunting !!!

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Okay - Apparently all our little Dumpster-Kateers need a Jumpstart! I've looked at Blockbuster Twice this week + a VideoUsa nothing but Trash ! Drat and PiFftosh ! ( this is a family show or I would have said Fahrfegneugin !!!!!!!!!!LOL!) imagine the nerve of these peoples clogging up my Urban DVD Case RECycling Depository ( read Dumpster here!) With worthless cardboard and bags of smelly garbage ! If I were'nt a hopeless romantic & Chaepskate I'd almost be tempted to actually start buying DVD cases again ( Perish the thought !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! ) But I refuse to concede defeat , Smell De'feets or have anything to do with feet other than visit my podiatrist LOL! He's good ! I 'll make a Blockbuster run today & look once again ! You'd think being it's near years end they'd start unloading their old stock ! Maybe it's just another Valley in the Dumpster Diving graph and the peaks are coming ? Hope so anyway ! If nothing else I hope I've given y'all something or Someone to talk about or laugh at & or with ! Come on gang I've stirred the pot ! Someboduy cook the rice - I leave you with the Quotes of that Famous Hero & Pontificating Potentate of Platsic , Grand POOBAH ! MUCKY MUCK ! & Lord High Everything Else JVC" Free Is FREE " Happy Thanksgiving everyone & Beware of the Sasquatch !LOL CIAO)!

5. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Well, it's been slow for me too. I've found nothin except a nintendo ds box with a charger and a stylis along with a ipod mini box with the software cd.

6. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

A week back while riding my bike past the local middle school at night. I go around back and came to their first dumbster. I found a ball of about a couple hundred feet of misc broadband cord. Looked like they finally went wireless. There was a bunch of other wires to. I didn't bother to go to the one by the cafeteria because it would be all food trash. So I stroll behind my radio shack, and staples plaza dumpster in the back. Theres one dumbster for all the stores. I go in and i see a razr phone! no battery i take it tho. Theres other phones I grab. I come across computer parts to. Chips, hdd's, a smashed monitor. There so much stuff i got after actually getting in the dumbster relizing theres room for me to dig. I got tons of electronic stuff that im am still looking through to test. Im gonna go to the same dumbster on black friday since i'll be there bright and early. Can't wait.

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

For what its worth, I've been seeing ten packs of empty DVD cases at the dollar stores around the city. I know it's a drag paying for them but I thought I would mention it. My guess is they're realy junk though.

8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Great going gang I struck out again but they finally dumped all the cardboard and crap so maybe better times ahead ! checked out another VideoUsa - had a couple of dumpsters & could'nt decypher which was theirs nothing but trash and garbage - well hopefully I'll do better with My Black friday buying ! Good hunting & happy turkey day everyone CiaO!- Nice art Gerry ever seen the movie Demon hunter LOL!

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Thanks guy....Ireland made it though, I don't know what its from. The words came from a Mae West Movie .. a sex pot of the 20s. She brushes up against her boyfriend (a cop) and says "Ahmmm....is that a pistol in your pocket are are ya just glad to see me". It made it past the strict sensors of the area so the rest was history.

10. J_Bone

J_Bone Guest

GO TO BLOCK BUSTER the sell empty cases for about 50 cents

11. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

nah, the whole principle of this thread is 'free, free, free'

:)

12. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry1's one new sig.

[​IMG]

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Thanks so much Ireland! ... I got instantly excited! Looks like star trek's ferengi. They have a thing for stroking the ears ... the call it "oolops" LOL!

14. J_Bone

J_Bone Guest

ireland you are the ma5ta at SIGS almost asd good as me ;)

15. ireland

ireland Active member

J_Bone sure know's how to ride a bike...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

gerry, that creature is from harry potter, #2 or 3 movie

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@ddp....I see. I've neither read the books nor seen the movies. Everyone at work tells me I'm just the sort to love them...all but one who said I'd become a satanist or possessed or some such thing. He no longer works with us though that is not why.

18. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

I can't wait til black friday to go out to the dumbster at staples again they have tons of stuff.

19. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

ok..can u guys fill me in on black friday??

20. JVC

JVC Active member

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving.
    Supposed to be the [bold]busiest[/bold] shopping day of the year.