1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. 21Q

21Q Regular member

need to get back into afterdawn habit, but w/e.

I'll I found were some broken furneture. I did get a broken ipod nano from a friend, only thing is the flash memory is shot and the screen is busted soooooooooo.... yeah

I was also caught on camera looking at the gamecrazy's/hollywoodvideo's dumpster but I had no luck.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

nailedny- wb - Girl ! Glad your still with us if only in spirit ! LOL! ( I saw a Show on VH-1 all about The Mega-Rich and their ultra -Tricked out -Pimped to the Max Yachts ! Which really would have nothing to do with afterdawn.com or Dumpster Diving except ! They did a piece in the show about the Man who Started /Owns Blockbuster ! who's name eludes me right now ? and Who's Mega -rich !Actually Started out in The Garbage Bussiness ! True He started with one truck and built it into a Empire " Luke I'm you father ( Gasping sounds !!!) LOL! Then he got into video ( Blockbuster ) So in a way he's still in the trash bussiness LOL! He probrbly also has the contract to service blockbusters dumpsters too! ( don't know that for a fact but would make sense ) Take money from his right pocket & put it back in the left ! well nailedny again it's great to hear from some of the Old Krewe - again Yourself included ! and Hope you don't forget us ? Come back & visit when you can ! Happy Hunting ( diving ) Safe driving & Merry Christmas to you family & everyone ! Ciao !

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

21Q- Did they come out and shoo ! you away ? or did you just see the camera move and hear the lens zooming ?

4. 21Q

21Q Regular member

I just saw it as i left

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  5. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Found half a dozen cases and 4 PS2 Cheat books still in the shrink wrap. Guess what the boys are getting for Christmas?! Nope, not my cases....

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

RippDogg- Thats the spirit ! lookout for blockbuster generic dvd paper covers stapled together to make a crude envelope ! Found two of those awhile back- & each had a DVD in them - One was It's a Wonderful life & the other was an Indian Movie ( in Hindi ) & both were in Clean playable shape ( Minor scratches -wear & tear ) !!!Aslo be on the lookout for the Locking style ( Blockbuster rental cases) Sometimes the Lock mechanism gets stuck & they chuck case Movie & all in the dumpster- 9 out of 10 times if the locking yellow stick is still in the case so is the movie & with a little ingenuity and some Hemostats & maybe a cordless drill you can rescue both the cases & the dvd !Walmarts sells some Hemostats /Locking pliers in the fishing ddepartment for a few dollars & theese work well ! Good luck & happy Diving RippDogg & Merry Xmas !

7. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

....(thinking....thinking....thinking)...."It's Christmas morning and look at that poor guy hunting around in the dumpster honey. Run over there and give him some cases." Happy Holidays everybody, and quad cases to all.

8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Merry Christmas BigToxy, and to all the other AD people out there,
    Merry Christmas to all from "Sunny" CHarlotte, NC.

9. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

blivetNC and on christmas eve I got a Broken truck a Laptop computer and a Univeral Remote & a cold - Thank You santa !LOL!

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@bigtoxy69

Watch out for that cold, a number of people here have gone into pneumonia after several days. My daughter was one. A little Amoxil does wonders tho.

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- THANX for the concern ! I think I nipped it in the bud for now anyways ! Took some NyQuil Capsules ( The Big Horsie Green ones ) when I was on my rest days from work & slept alot ! So seem to be better for now ! Post christmas Update ! Truck is fixed and back home with Me ! Laptop was broke & or Deffedtive right out of box ( Back To wallyworld were you came from Compaq V5305WM) Ordered A laptop from Newegg Should come today ! Still have'nt [rogrammed the universal remote yet but maybe my hunnydew job today or tommorow ? The cold /flu whatever has been making the rounds of my wifes side of the family mainly the lil'ones but thankfully nothing more serious than regular symptoms & some barfing ! & most everyone seems to be better so I guess it's batten down the hatches and dive into a new year ? Or in our case ( Pun not intended !!!) Flip open the dumpster lids & dive ! Dive , Dive !!!! Free is free "JVC" Good luck & Prosperity for you & family & everyone in 2007 Ciao!!!!

12. odie241

odie241 Member

hey everyone,i was gone for awhile,but now im back online,and still making the weekly dumpster dives,wish i wouldnt of told so many people about it,because they beat me there sometimes now.but just wanted to say hi to everyone,and wish everyone a happy new year.

13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Okay Iwas in the big city today & Hit the Toy store ( Grandsons birthday coming up ! ( Yes & I look so young too !LOL!) He wants a Wrestler action figure ( Jeff Hardy ) & everywhere has everyone but him naturally ! Then went to BestBuy To see about Pricematching some sony 100Pks ( Gift Card don't Cha' Know ! They were out ! Stopped at walgreens To get one of them as Seen on TV Table Mate II Portable Table White! To play my notebook /laptop on - they were out SHAZBOT !!! Blockbuster was nearby so To the Dump , Ta da dump. To the dumpster I went - & the cases were there bigtimr ( relative to my more recent dives anyways !) Got 134ases - 106 singles & 28 Doubles the kind that don't have a flapper for the second disc - Most of the cases still had the original covers - the doubles were the Davinci code - & they had a lot of the movie click cases to! I did'nt get all the cases they had maybe 15-20 more max but I was tired & there was a lot of traffic in the parking lot 4pm. Might try and filch a dew more out tomorrow - gonna pick up some new movies to watch ! well Hope everyone is getting all the cases they can find except where I live " da' Sasquatch Has Spoken!!!!!!" Ciao!

14. nailedny

nailedny Guest

Way to go Big. I did 2 dives and found nothing!! Nothing but trash, that is. It finally got cold up here in the frozen tundra. I won't get in there and dive with a big winter coat. It is suppose to warm up again on Thurs. so maybe............ I'll keep you posted.

15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

nailedny- YEAH ! I hear ya' It's been raining every other day or atleast it seems like it here so Dumpster diving almost takes on a literal meaning ! & It's cold though not like the NYC I'm sure ! don't feel bad I've been finding the two's and fews till yesterday so I know what you mean! again WB ! nailedny & good luck diving into the new year! CIao!

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

there's threads you go to, to get some quality help with stuff. there's threads you got just to shoot the breeze. there's threads you go to, to GET INTO a arguement... then there's threads you go to, to just laugh you azz off... this is one of them i love this thread.. whats sad is i seen this thread when it first started, thought everyone was going to hollywood video not blockbuster.. so needless to say ive tried hollywood about 5 times and have only come up with 1 PS2 game case. yup i used it for a movie...LMAO...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  17. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Man, I'm still waiting for that big haul. Big T, you are a God among Divers.

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i hope BlivetNC doesnt see these 2 post back to back like this cincyred ontop of boston redsox again...lol

just jokeing RIPPDOGG... blivet is a big redsoxfan

19. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

IT'S THE GHOST OF PETE ROSE!!! BACK! BACK INTO YOUR BOTTLE!! How's the diving down around the DAY-CIN area? I work down that way once in a while. Don't worry, I won't infringe upon a another diver's territory, that would be uncouthe.

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i havent tried blockbuster yet only hollywood video.. but there it sucks they keep everything... found only 1 PS2 case. gonna try BB tonight after work...lol