1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@BIGTOXY

your just way to funny..lol i think ya should ask IRELAND if he knows of any leprechaun women???lol

hit the BB dumpster last night still bone dry not a thing in it... gonna take another look tonight

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cincyrob- Thanks for the compliments, Guilty on all counts ! You've got the right attitude - Tenacity ,fortitude - Or is that just gas ? LOL! , and Dogged determination ! Oh no It's De-Terminator !!!!!! I'll be Back !!!!! My brain Hurts again ! It's not a Toomah ! !!!!! I went went TuesdaY but was only able to check one dummpster ! had errands to run & bills to pay ! Found 1 dvd case -well actually I really found two but one was one of those Cardboard /plastic Eco-Friendly kind that never close right again after you open them the first time !so I left it there ! 9 Times out of 10 the ecologically friendly packaging is just cheaper to make/buy so the profit margin is even higher ! We do our share for the enviorment anyways we recycle plastics !!!! Should have double checked it for a movie though ,but it felt kinda light so Probably empty ! Maybe we'll ask Ireland about that ? Leprechauns thing -? . Always after Me Lucky Charms ! And if you buy a box today in with all the marshmellow sugary crusted goodness !we'll actually include a small packet of cereal!LOL!!! for a limited time only ! again thanks for the kind words ! Good luck -Safe & Prosperous diving , Happy Burning ! "free is free", & You so Crazy !!!!!!!! LOL! later cincyrob hope you hit good this time !

3. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

In Cleveland this week....I drove by a few Blockbuster stores in the area.....let's just say I don't need the cases that bad. Happy hunting y'all.

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i got about a hour left here at work then im off to do some diving...might even get out Van Halens CD Diver Down and jam away as i go down...lol

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Or you could put on Dio's (Holy Diver ! ) - This may really Date me but Dio reminds me of a Shorter version of Tiny Tim ( TipToe Through the Tulips !!!!!) on steroids !!!!! Looks wise - not musically Though ! Still TipToe Through the Tulips !!!!! Might be an interesting cover for Dio To Do ? It would like Marilyn Manson singing that Old song By Louisiana 's former Govenor Jimmy Davis ( You are My Sunshine )= ( Goth remix !!! LOL!) Twisted thought of a Twisted mind I suppose ? Or you could put on something a little mellower ? Steve winwoods ( ARC of the Diver !!!) depending of course on Musical taste & Mood! or perhaps something a little more obscure - Surfing Bird - By the TRASHMEN of course LOL!Oh ! well I think I've beaten this concept to death !so good Luck & safe diving cincyrob!!!! later

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

funny you bring up Dio... lastnight on my way to the BB from work.. we have a radio station here thats actually in Dayton ohio. they had Rudy Sarzo on for 2 hours, talking about his days with good ole Ronnie James Dio. needless to say he is alot calmer these days from back then... he also talked about Randy Rhodes and the day of the plane crash... was some pretty good stuff he was talking about... not that any of that had anything about doing some diving unless you consider the nose dive the plane did.... EEEWwwWWWW thats bad i didnt mean that RIP Randy..... think ill get my Tribute cassette out and play it... now whos showing there age...lol

im going off the rails of a crazy train!!!!!!!!!

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cincyrob - Don't eat Da' bat I told him Ozzy don't eat da'bat ! Kill yourself a nice piece a Chicken ! nice Kosher chicken like Alice Cooper ! But does he listen ? No! So what it's okay to eat dog dirt should you just eat a little! LOL! Or in the words of that Obscure band ROOTBOY Slim & the SEX Change Band's famous song Boogie Till You Puke ! LOL! have a Good'n later ! ps #1Forte est vinum fortior est rex fortiores sunt mulieres super omnia vincit veritas: "Wine is strong, a king is stronger, women are stronger still, but truth conquers all" (1 Esdras, chapters 3 & 4)!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Last two Diving expeditions have been coming up dry ! Well yesterday would have been good if I wanted magazines but ,I was on the Jocque Cousteau for Dvd Cases & or Movies ! Unfortunately Just Trash ,Cardboard & garbage !Can't hit the lotto every time I suppose ? Oh well Better luck next time I guess ? Hope everyone else is getting some!!!!! ( DVD cases I mean ) LOL! Good luck & safe Diving ! Ciao!!

9. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Well then ! Deep subject ! - & speaking of deep subjects ,If weather & time permit I'll be diving today - almost literally ! it's been raining & cold so if the dumpster is watertight! it might be mask and fins time LOL! Though I suppose that a cordless drill could put some Drain holes in it ? That would be vandalism ! I really don't expect that much water though ! could bring a Bar of Irish Spring Soap to ward off Leprechauns ! & splash on in like a bathing Saquatch in a BirdBath ( Not a Pretty Sight ,Trust Me!!! LOL!) & kill 2 birds with one stone ! I know your out there ,I can here you breathing LOL!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  10. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

I'm picturing a dumpster with a diver down flag on it.....and legs and feet sticking out the side. Fare well brave denizen of the dumpster! Free-is-free...so sayeth JVC...so sayeth us.

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Yeah you know you've got the fever when you start buying tools to make diving easier & or more efficient ! Like a Grabber/reacher see - reacher.com ! I bought a folding one at biglots and wore the hinge out - I fixed it with some cable ties & a wooden dowel ! In hindsight if I were to buy another one I would get a 1 piece -non- folding one ! makes reaching them dvd cases a lot easier ! think of it as a Giant Claw machine that you don't need quarters for !I keep mine in my truck along with a supply of garbage bags & some hand sanitizer ! I'm not OCD or a Germ -A- Phobe but it is a trash can your rooting in ! & a snagger /hook-rod helps too - Metal or wood pole/rod with a point bend or hook on the end ( for snagging bags & boxes ) mine was a tool someone made at work & threw away ! free is free ! it stays in my truck & nobody bothers it ! Or me LOL! O'well RippDogg good luck & dive safe " FREE IS FREE )JVC)"

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i hit the mother load lastnight!!!!!!!!!! went to the BB that the guy said he would hook me up with dvd cases once he was done with his project.. well they was closed when i got there so i decided to go diving, and what to my suprise!!!!!!!! case after case after case.and for some reason i passed on getting cases from microcenter yesterday.

THE GRAND TOTAL 106 cases..
    all original cases still had the original covers in them. all single cases except 5 of them and they were the cases for final destination3. double sided.. here the pic of the mother load..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and yes i will go back today and talk to the guy and see if he has any for me..lol i know he dont cause they threw them away lastnight..lol

DIVER DOWN
    (JVC :)~)

13. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

In light of your good fortune, I think it only right that you should start a coop there in Cincy to help underpriveliged ADers with cases for their backups. It's the only right thing to do. Hey, I could use a few!

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i am takeing some to work for a buddy of mine. he is a little low on cases himself... but he did think it was odd me doing this..lol. i got all the covers out of the cases as you can see in the pic. now im trying to get all them stickers off the cases. some are comeing off wiht ease and others are being a pain in the waazoooo.

RippDogg if ya just wasnt so close to cleveland...lol

15. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

I got the same response from a few of my friends when I gave them cases. They saw the Blockbuster insignia on the inside and instantly knew I was giving them trash. LMAO...Yeah, I'll bet the dumpsters in Cincy are much nicer than the ones here. You only get real trash up here and besides, it's too friggin cold. Maybe I need a dry suit or something. I know one thing, if I'm going to be diving around here, I definitely need a respirator. P.S., I think someone posted on getting those stickers off easily. I know I saw it somewhere. Course, I could probably find a good recipe for Gumbo on this site if I looked hard enough. Long Live AD...free-is-free, don't bother me if you don't agree...so sayeth JVC...

16. JVC

JVC Active member

Great haul cincyrob!
    You guys are doing much better than me. Last 2-3 times I've looked, there was nothing but real trash. I need some original doubles bad!
    Keep up the good work. :eek:)

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea ive read so many different threads about removing the stickers. we here at AD have all kinds of recipes for anything you can ever want..lol

it was cold lastnight but when i was in the midst of the hunt the weather didnt seem to matter or was noticed..thought i got real lucky a couple times thought there was movies in the cases but only the dummy dvd's they put in there...

edit to add

@JVC
    out of the 106 i only got 5 doubles. 1 on each side of the case, was hoping for the flipper type if ya know what im talking about(which im sure you do)
    this was my first real successful trip out other than when the guys there gave them to me..lol once again free is free

18. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

I found the cheapest way to take off stickers is to use lighter fluid. You can find a gumbo recipe in the special features of The Skeleton Key.

JVC....do you have a Dollar Giant? I've seen cases 5 - 6 /$1. They don't smell very nice though.

19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

cincyrob -way to go ! Consider yourself fully infected with the Dumpster diving virus - ( Jvc -we've got another one Master !LOL!-in my best Ygor type voice -Muhaha-haha!!!!!) Once you hit you won't quit! It may not always be big hauls like that ! but as long as you get any they're still free! and the big hauls make-up for the small ones & the times you come up empty ! Exciting isn't ? Kinda Like Pokemon' Got get'em all !!! LOL! were they bagged ( Clear plastic?) or loose ? They look awful clean so I would guess that they were either bagged or you have a blockbuster that isn't sharing dumpsters with or even near a Taco Bell or other Fast Food place & or does'nt sell candy ? anyway not that it's important ! Glad you did so well cincyrob ! continued safe & prosperous Diving ! See ya' round the shoutbox Later!

20. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Isopropyl alcohol works , Maybe a blow dryer on warm or hot ( softens the stickum ) and for the residue & stickers a product called goo gone available about anywhere !