1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Well leave the children alone for a day and a half and they will Play ! Sorry I had'nt been around for a little while ! Was a combination of Internet service Down/wonky & mourning Anna NIcole Smith !( R.I.P. ) Now the internets back up again & she's still gone ! Maybe there's a curse on big chested Blondes like there is on Fat comedians !? Sounds Crazy ? think about it ! John Belushi, John Candy , Chris Farley - all ( Wieght Challenged -) Fat -all comedians !, all Dead ? -Big chested Blondes - Marilyn Monroe ,Jayne Mansfield , Carol Wayne , Anna Nicole Smith ? - All Blonde ,all big chested-all Dumb blonde stereotyped ! all dead - The CURSE !!!!!? While I would'nt Put Anna nicole in the same category as the two actresses ! Ms. Monroe & Ms. mansfield ! She was a Celebrity of sorts ! In the Paris hilton sense ( famous for Being famous ! Okay Enough Drivel LOL!!!!! - went Tuesday & Nothing but Trash -was going to check out a VideoUsa that's closing down but too many cars & people behind the store!!!! so on hold for that mission ! For now ! Play nice gang Ciao!!!!!

2. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

It's that damn Pacific underwater alien community. They've been taking our most precious entertainment commodities for years and replacing them with cloned bodies. BTW, you forgot to add Kinison..ie...a fat comedian AND he had a pretty good rack. From the dumpster front: no luck up here. It's about -20 with the wind chill, and last night it took me 15 minutes to unfreeze my tongue off of a tasty-looking morsel I found while scrounging. BTW, don't consider eating anything you find unless you have immediate access to microwave technology. I've been at the pool all morning.

3. SolShrike

SolShrike Member

Its been awhile since I posted here, but recently a friend of mine (who is also a DVD buff) has taken all of his DVDs and put them in binders so he has no need for the cases anymore. He's kept the jackets inside (to put into a filing cabinet) but he's given me over 150 single cases and about 50 doubles. Two words come to mind:

Jackpot Baby!

I won't be needing to do any diving for quite awhile. Yee ha! Any good hauls lately?

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

SolShrike- Long time no hear from you ! Glad your back ! - I checked out a alternate Dumpster - VideoUsa - near My house (18Miles ) They are going out Of bussiness So I figure they might star dumping all Kinds of good stuff ? Well This is the last time I check that one ! They opened a walk in Clinic in same stripmall as Videousa & Guess where they dump their waste ? You got it ! garbage does'nt scare me But I ain't rooting around in medical waste ( Period en :quote:') You gotta draw the line somewhere & that's it for me ! Had decent hall awhile back but it's a little Dry case wise right now ! It'll pick up though ! anyways SolShrike Good luck & enjopy your cases ,You'll be back !!!!!!!!!!!!!Ciao!

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

CincyRob - tried adding pic to my sig. But not sure I did it right !

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I guess I did'nt do it right this time will work on it later! thanx all !!!!!!!!!!!

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

RippDogg- Where do you think Abe Sapien Came from ? ( HellBoy -Movie)

8. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

You mean that stuff's bad for you?! Damn....I guess that would explain the sores.

9. JVC

JVC Active member

BIGTOXY69.........
    Put that web address in between these , and the pic should show up. If you put it in the sig, the mods are gonna fuss, bigtime! :eek:)

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just what JVC said is all you ave to do BIGTOXY... i sent ya a pm saying the same things

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

@BIGTOXY69,
    Here is a couple of links that should help you resize your pic, just install one of them then right click on your pic then resize to your specs to keep the MODs off your tail. lol. HTH. (Ive used them both, no preferences tho) ;)

........gm

FastStone resizer

photo gadget

12. JVC

JVC Active member

Geocities also has to allow "Linking" to them. If they don't, Webshots.com or PhotoBucket.com will.

13. neptune

neptune Regular member

well tonight i did my first dumpster dive at west coast video.it was dark out lol. i got a total of 5 lol. better than nothin. but my wife did buy me some verbatim dvd slim cases $12 for 50 . she bought 2 packs of them.so now i have 105 .i will check the dumpster later on this week .

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  14. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

It's more exciting if you have your wife put the new cases in the dumpster so you can go in and find them, like some kind of sadistic, yet compelling easter egg hunt...LOL

15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Neptune - I hear you ! I like them goldmine type finds /dives myself ! but unfortunately ,for me atleast they don't always happen ! Though I'm happy if I find a few ! Happier even still if I find lots more ! Regardless if you stay with it long enough ,You'll hit it big eventually ! Also it sounds obvious but you can increase your odds by hitting more than one dumpster -if it's feasible,Given gas prices & whether or not you have multiple Video stores fairly near ? You can even check out video stores when visiting friends or family in another town ! Well I hope you excursion was positive & you stay around to tell stories and swap lies with the rest of us even if you don't go near a Dumnpster for awhile ! Good Luck & Safe diving ! " FREE IS FREE " & FEETZ UP HEAD DOWN ! CIAO!

16. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

I'm getting this put on a shirt.

17. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

RippDogg- I get a royalty -.25cents a shirt - I am royalty LOL!!!!!

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

decided to add that as my signature- Besides Free is free is so associated with Jvc I'd feel like a thief if I used that instead!

19. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

For every shirt, I'll give you ....... 5 cases?

20. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

RippDogg- sounds like a plan !