1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

its been awhile since i last took a dive, but i went thursday night. there was more of the green x-box cases.50 or 60 i left them.. felt so bad i left them i went back witha buddy of mine who i have gave some to in the past and let him get them they were still there...lol guess im getting picky on what i get now that i have so many... im only wanting the ones with covers on theme so maybe i find a cover i can use..lol

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Just made a stop at one of the local BB. Found two boxes of movie posters. Still all rolled up in the shrink wrap. Thought cool!

Well, when I got them home found out they had been all cut in half! They should have been 22x34 in size. Got two pieces of 11x34. (Not worth taping together . . .)

Sheesh. They must be reading this forum.

3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@rulisky
    Dang it all, just when you thought E-bay millions were in your hands.....DENIED!
    Wonder if asking the MGR for extra movie posters would be fruitful?

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

blivetNC- The Infamous Neptune Manager Lady Strikes Again !!!!!!! LOL~CIAO!

5. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Hmmm ...

The posters were in their display boxes. Priced at like 6 or 7 bucks each, but I guess they didn't sell well enough. Asking for "extras" probably would not work in this case. Mostly Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Carribean2.

Made a stop at several places earlier this morning and all they had were wet cardboard boxes. At least they were Quality Wet.

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Ahh, thought they might have been the promo posters...darn.

7. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Tuesday is the day all the new movies hit dvd. So I stopped today for a quick check at BB. The dumpster was nearly empty, except for 2 very large bags of cases. It was all I could do to reach one of them. The second would not even fit in the trunk of my small car, so I left it for the next diver.

Here's what I found - 130 cases, so clean that I don't even need to wipe them. And one disk of United 93 - not a mark on it. Not sure if I will watch the movie as the subject matter is so depressing.

8. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Now I'm not one to question the integrity or dedication of a fellow diver. The cause is such that what he leaveth, I taketh away. But in these situations, when, Mr. Rulisky, you feel like just walking away from FREE CASES when all it takes is the resolve to get a little lettuce in your boxers, then, by golly darnit it all, GIVE US AN ADDRESS! There's cases out there, son; cold, lonely, and bagged up for convenience. If you're not up to it soldier, maybe you should lower your flag and start a Dumpster Picker thread...oh, dammit...see, now look what you made me do. I gotta go to the bathroom.

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

now thats funny right there i dont care who ya are..lol

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

That's what I was thinking. Couldn't help myself on this one. I've been searching for the elusive "BAG" of cases for months now and some lucky soul finds my treasure and then doesn't DIVE in to get it. :) OK I'm like ripdogg here, where does you live so we can all come over and share the wealth.

J/K rulisky, having a bit of fun.

HOpe all is well for everyone. Thanks for the giggles ripdogg and cincy. :)

...gm

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you guys should have a gaff hook on a small pole so you can reach in without having to get into the garbage.

12. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

LOL!!

OK. Next time I promise to get both. But, honestly, the second bag would not fit in the trunk of my car (and it has no back seat).

Is that pentence enough?

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

I don't need a gaff hook, I've got a 6 year old that thinks dumpster diving is a sport. LOL. He will run around in there throwing stuff everywhere to find a case. It makes me so proud........... ;)

....gm

14. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Greensman,
    That might be the most dysfunctional thing I've ever heard....God Bless You. It almost makes me want to have more kids.

Rulisky,
    You should say three Hail JVCs and pray the elusive Sasquatch hasn't sniffed out your territory already (we're still looking for pictures).

15. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

@ GM I'm still laughing my arse off picturing him rummaging through the dumpster while dad stands there with a tear in his eye, so proud of the little one. Chris

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@greensman

your the man. cant wait to take my 4yo and 2yo out with me... they will be fighting to get in first..lol im off work friday think i will take them out.

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

Want ya'll to know that I think about my kiddies and don't let them go in without something to wash them up afterwards. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. LOL.

@cincyrob,
    Take paper towels and hand cleaner, those boys will get dirty I guarantee it. ;P

....gm

18. little155

little155 Regular member

Just watch out guy's, people throw everything in the dumpsters. Wear gloves at least. And, yes, bring something to clean up with.

19. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

He's teaching him the value of a dumpster.

20. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Don't Think My Grandkids would go gor it ? Dumpster Diving I mean ! The oldest Turns 15 in July ( Born on the 4th of July ) Just like the song ! And he's Just too cool ( Or Thinks he is ) & His voice is changing Right Now & that makes being cool even harder ! The little one ? well Younger one he's getting bigger everyday Would probably Enjoy it ? But I don't Think That a My wife Would let him !Granny Rules ! Or My Beautiful But Petite Step daughter would allow it ? And Given the choice I would rather Juggle Chainsaws and pitbulls than to get that girl Mad !!! Trust me ! Her Mom ( The wife ) can get mean But My StepDaughter Can get downright Evil !!!! LOL! Myself I Use a Hook made out of Rebar , a Reacher Gadjet & Some hand sanitizer among other Tools !!!!

Last edited: May 3, 2007