1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well well well, good to see this thread going again, let alone with some fresh faces..lol

@chris
    i agree i dont need any more cases it just the thrill of finding that big jackpot..lol plus it is wrong to see all those cases going to the landfill

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Hello gang!
    I'm glad y'all have more than you need. I need cases bad, especially doubles, and can't find anymore. The times I've checked, it's been dry of cases. Looks like my stream has dried up! :eek:(

Maybe one of these days, I'll hit another load. Keep your fingers crossed for me............

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh we're bless with the great JVC founder of the dive...lol how ya doing there old timer???lol
    its been a while since i have found any double cases myself. gonna hit a blockbuster tonight. never went on a sunday thought i might give it a try

forgot to add this

FREE IS FREE

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

welp i went to 2 different BB's lastnight. got a cool spiderman3 posterboard for my son. and some AOL disc bout 30 of them... they are garbage, but the cases they were in work great kinda slim type cases im sure ya all know what i mean..lol other than that not a thing worth talking about.

gonna hit my main dive tonight after work..

a few quotes if ya dont mind..

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  5. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Diving sucked tonight for cases [wouldn't been able to climb in anyways] but got about thirty movie posters Shrek 3, Spiderman, Pirates. Chris

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

HEY send me 2 of each. LOL. The boys would love you forever. hehehe. :p

....gm

Haven't been diving in a while. This time of year is busy and the kiddies have me running everywhere. LAME excuses I know but they work for me. :p

7. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

diving in dumpsters for dvd cases??? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!????? omg..... i'm all for free but im not touching anything thats been in the trash... EWWWWW!!!! i'm germaphobic btw lol.....

besides isnt there a federal law about digging in other peoples trash??

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

There should be: The federal Government does it all the time without search warrants!

9. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Dang Sickley your not living up to your name. LOL It's no different than using a bathroom at a concert or sports arena in fact it might even be cleaner.As Garmoon said how do you think Uncle Sam gets so many businesses for not reporting total income.A lot of small businesses aren't smart enough to use shredders and just throw invoices in the trash. If you ever want to see what your companys up to just ask the janitor. Waste baskets contain all sorts of privledged info.Chris

10. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Sickley, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP.
    4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

12. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

hmm i thought i checked it, but alas you are correct my appologies!!! fixiing now!

13. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

@chris
    LOL....

still.... EWW!

14. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

15. RodneyD

RodneyD Member

So why do you guys need all these cases? Just get one of those books that hold like 200

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

that would work great but some have like 1300 movies it woudl be rough flipping the pages to find what ya want.. not that haven 1300 cases stored somewhere is easier...lol

its not the fact that we want the cases/or need them. its the thrill of the dive.. you dontknow what your gonna find when ya go in the bush(dumpster). you could go and there be a totally empty dumpster. then it could be loaded with 300-400 cases.in which i have had 2 big dives myself 200+once and almost 400 another. there has been plenty of times i have gotten fro 50-100 cases. on the total i have almost 500-600 on hand.and there is some members here at AD that i have mailed/given some too. also its not just about cases either. ive found countless covers no need to waist my ink on makeing covers when i have the original. have found posters of ne realeses that my sons love. all types of magazines rollingstone, cosmo, PS3,xbox, nickJr. tons of mags just tossed...

plus it is our duty to protect our landfills from this plastic getting dumped in there these case wont just disinagrate and turn into dirt...

yes its been a week or so i have been in the bush but that dont mean i dont want to be in there...lol

FREE IS FREE.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  17. JVC

JVC Active member

I don't like the books. I've used them before with cds, and ended up giving them away. No matter how careful you are, dust will get in the pocket, and scratch the dvd or cd. I know this for a fact. I'm extremely careful with my stuff, and they still got scratched. They cost too much, to have them get scratched up.
    I also don't like flipping through the pages, to find a certain dvd. I have them all in alphabetical order on shelves, so they are much easier to deal with. In the books, if you want them to stay in alphabetical order, you'll have to rearrange every one of them, that would come after the new one, you just added! It just ain't worth the trouble.....
    If you can deal with it and like them in books, more power to you. :eek:)

I scan the covers and print them out, and put in the case. I also print the dvd label, directly on the dvd, with my Epson "R" series printer. This makes my copies look like the originals.
    I like that.

18. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

Do they do this at all of the Block Busters, including Canada? Or just some? I could use some free cases :)

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ive been to a total of 5 different Blockbusters and have gotten some from all 5. and from the people in here with what they have gotten id say all blockbusters do it... even in canada...

20. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

When do you guys do it?