1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

OK I'll have to make a trip again. I've been neglecting the Garbage Bin lately!! My favorite store closed down recently for whatever reason and I'll have to find another. :D

....gm

btw I"m putting in my order right now....hehehe..@cincy

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Very nice haul cincyrob!
    My BB hasn't had any in a very long time.

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea this is the first of anything in a long time has been slow with the cases as it has been with the movies

taken all orders, submit the proper forms in triplete..lol

hey has anyone else heard that hollywood video is going under??? heard that on the local news tuesday...????

4. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Ooh I thought i was done dumpster divin after going full tilt bobbin and swayin and tearin through the bags to get 4 cases, 2 of them broke! Then lo and behold I come to this thread and see Cincys pictures and my heart starts thumpin like its loaded with Viagara and my veins are pulsing and my nostrils are flarin for that whiff of the dumpster and I'm a headin back again tonight. Chris

Edit Forgot to add I think it's the greatest thing in the world everybody gettin the good hauls.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  5. JVC

JVC Active member

I haven't heard that. I like Hollywood Video. Same company also owns Movie Gallery. Wonder if they'll go under too?

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Hey rob TRiple bagged them you say ? was it three seperate bags of cases or three bags inside one another ? If they's thriple bagging like groceries could you ask Blockbuster to send those employees down here ????? LOL - REally!!!! Great haul for you buddy ! I'm happy though WE don't have those Pentagon sized dumpsters down here so the hauls are somewhat smaller !!! But to Quote our Pontificating Potentate of Plastic and High Deacon of Dumpsterdom JVC!!! "FREE IS FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!" so if it's 10 or 1000 it's still a bargain I'm Just glad the posts are jumping again ! t'was quite dead for awhile here !!!! P.S. #1 check out my blog the new bridge is in {SEE PIC} now I just have to decide on replacing the troll LOL!!!CIAO!!!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

we HAD Movie Gallery here also.. they went under about 7-8 months ago. so who knows???

@BT
    yes tripple bag. 1 inside another.. they had to to get all those cases in there without spliting...lol

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Great job Cincy! Haven't found any lately at my BB.

9. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Rob, the BB employee was bagging them just for you! (Or one of his buddies to pick up later) Great haul, speaking of which, Boston may be bringing home the biggest haul again this year......

10. 21Q

21Q Regular member

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

that is a pci/e 16x card. should fit on any motherboard that has pci/e 16x slot on it. just download the driver for it for the os you are using.

12. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Sup dive-doggs?

13. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Dove this morning at 3:30 and got 54 brandy spankin new cases! Chris

14. JVC

JVC Active member

good job!

15. JVC

JVC Active member

cincyrob.........
    I checked with our local Hollywood Video, about the closing. The guy there said it's only a few stores, not all of them. He assured me that this store isn't closing. :eek:)

16. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

we had a VideoUsa store nearby but they closed down that 1 store did manage to make one really good dive there before they did ! After that one a Medical clinic took over their vacant store and The dumpster was full of rubber gloves ewwwww!!!!!!!!! so no more diving there !!!!So many dumpsters so little time lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  17. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Great morning for dumpster dive, only bad part is cases weren't triple bagged so when i gave the bag a pull 202 cases went to the bottom of the dumpster! Yep had to climb in feet first and crawl around on the hands and knees but made me a happy camper sort of like buck fever. Chris
    Edit did a count and puts me at 1600 empty cases and 247 cases with movies, gettin time to seek some professional help about this addiction.Chris

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@JVC.
    thats cool would hate to see my hollywood video close... i love to get cases from BB but will never get a movie from them.

@Chris
    1600 cases i thought i had it bad...lol just over 600 here..lmao
    when ya hit it big it is hard to slow down... lucky for me my work got crazzzzzy so it slowed me down...lol

19. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Got to the adrenaline fix late this morning got 48 cases by reaching in.Goin back tonight headin in feet first, theres gotta be another 200 cases they just dumped in on the bottom. Chris

20. eiffel65

eiffel65 Regular member

My neighbor let me dumpster dive in his big trach cans (He's a trashman.) like a month ago, and he still let's me do it. I don't have a camera, but I found a copy of the games Heretic and Hexen :D

I also found a bunch of old DVD's, including Short Circuit. I'm in love with that movie now :)