1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

The buckeyes lose 1 starting offensive lineman,2 defensive starters,1 junior starting defensive end.I don't count the 3 senior fullbacks. They're a dime a dozen.

That's it. They'll be even better next year!!!!

If the buckeyes wouldn't have 3-4 sophomores/juniors leave early every year for the past 15 yrs,We'd have a heck of a lot more championships!!!

Recruiting class for next season:

7 of the top 100 Highschool football players in the country,5 of them are 5 stars.If only we can land Terrel Pryor out of pennsylvania. A 6'6" quarterback and runs a 4.4, 40-Look out!!!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@saugmon

Well, the rest of the country is certainly hoping so. Two blow ups in back to back title games is embarrassing.

@cincy

you're right about every dog having it's day. LSU was in the doldrums until Saban came along and worked miracles. Miles just continued. And I might add both had Big 10 connections.

3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

LSU and Georgia should of been the Championship game. or USC

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Undefeated Hawaii not going,but a 2 loss team does?

5. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Yesterday I got a Macintosh SE/30. I wish I could install System 7 but two problems, I don't have floppy drive in my Mac G4, and I'm not nearly familiar enough with Unix to know how to do anything.

6. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

You got that from the dumpster?! Sweet find! :D I guess I gotta expand my dumpster locations LOL :D

7. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Hey that mac g4 came out of a dumpster too. :)

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

come on fella's am i the only one diving around here anymore???lol guess i gotta go down to the recruiter station and steal me some recruites.....
    went lastnight at my normal dive....yup you guessed it. opend the lid and there staring back at me were bags and bags of cases.
    i got 5 bags full in the truck went to get 2 more,walked them to the truck and said heck with it tossed them back for some other poor sole.bad thing about it once i got home i felt guilty cause i left them 3 other bags there....

this round none of the cases had any covers in them just plan boxes...

ive emptied 2 bags so far and have gotten 126 cases (9 of them 2sided)
    i tossed about 30 or so that were gamecube,NDS cases.i still have to go through 3 more bags...and yes they were double baged...well the 3 still in the truck were but the 2 i went through wasnt.

9. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Awesome load today! I got a mac SE/30, Mac 8500/120, and a really loud but working projector!

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

I can deal with that but I surely hope that someone got those poor lost souls. lol. I know of a buddy that you work with that would have taken them. :p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! DON'T ever thro GC cases away!!!! I knows a guy that has over a hundred games that NEED some cases!!! Hey it's ok to change his name, steal his food, BUT don't ever thro away potential protection for his games. hehehe. :p j/k buddy...

NICE HAUL cincyman!!!!

.....gm

btw where's that HAIRY fella and the FREE is FREE man??

hello to all.....

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

2IQ nice grab yourself!! :D

....gm

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i still got 3 big bags to go through. any game cube cases will be saved....

yea BT where ya at?
    JVC you 2 where ya been?

13. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

does anyone just use binders? like me

with 1500 DVDs i would need a room just for DVDs if i had them in plastic cases

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yep but sometimes you just gotta put them in a case. lol.

...gm

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Cincyrob
    Since the economy has tanked, I've been diving for food, more so, than cases in order to feed the little family. Been getting especially double bonus with picking the small larvae off certain delicacies. Makes a great etouffe. Burp! LOL

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ive actually been thinking of going to a ring'd binder type thing.seeing im at about 500 movies myself it is getting rough on space for them all..but its kinda rough finding the one you want aint it? must be hard keeping them in alphbetical order everytime you burn a new movie???

besides its just addicting going to the dive and finding all these cases...lol

17. JVC

JVC Active member

I don't like binders...........
    They will end up scratching your discs. I used to use them for cds, and know from experience. Plus, I keep all my dvds in alphabetical order, so it's easy to find a particular one. It's hard finding a particular one, in a binder. Also, in a binder, if you try to put them in order, when you add a new one, you have to re-arrange every one after it. If you don't, they're not in order anymore. Binders are just way more trouble, than they are worth.

Hey Cincy..........just been hanging out. Haven't found any cases in our BB's dumpster, in a very long time. Looks like I'll have to start buying them again soon............running out. :eek:(

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOT much on the binder thing either but space forces me to use them. ;)

DON'T buy any JVC!! I know a guy that'll send you some for cheap. lol. I know for a fact that he just picked up an extra couple of hundred. hehehee. :p

.....gm

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i went about a month without finding any then my last 2 dives over 500 cases.

i just emptied another bag (got 2 left) i got a total of 96 cases.19 of them were 2sided cases.

sorry greensman not 1 game cube case. had 2 nitendo DS cases. i still have 2 bags to go through.

20. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah sometimes its hard to find movies but i have a general idea where they are between binder one though 7 lol, they aren't in alphbetical order i just stick them in as i go