1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

BBQ lighter fluid dissolves the glue and any residue. It's getting the stuff to absorb to the glue thru the paper, that's the time waster. WD40 didn't work, basically like alcohol. I may not have given it enough time tho.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

For stickers, I get them the best I can, with my fingernails, and then use WD40 on what's left. Wet the paper good with it, let it soak in a few minutes, and peel off what I can. Then use a rag sprayed with WD40, and work the rest off. It's a little hassle, but I do it while I'm watching tv, so it all works out ok............ :eek:)
    Good luck with them.

Yeah, forgot about lighter fluid. It'll work too. Evaporates quick.......

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

garmoon you could alway just stick another label over the top, easier than peeling them all off

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@zoso

I'm trying to get the labels off so the print of the DVD covers, I make, are not blocked out. Sticking something on top wouldn't do any good. I'm not trying to hide the fact the cases are BB; it's stamped clearly in the black plastic on the inside. I keep my own DVDs in CD books of 100 or 200. These are for party favors, for tonight's Old Goats Party, which was delayed by a month. Five of us are all Capricorns- hence the name-old goats, cause we be that now. We are the baby boomers who are gonna drain what's left of this county! LOL

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

right on man lol !!

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Old Goats Party?

Sounds like one of those parties from "Rosemary's Baby"!!!

Any goat sacrafices?
    The creepy red eye character in your sig is Rosemary's baby that's grown up!!!!

I have a pretty good imagination!!!! Watched too many Movies!

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Possibly, except I haven't grown up yet. And there will be a lot of red eyes from the grape and corn. Has anybody noticed that liquor hasn't gone up nearly as much as everything else made from corn??

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

SHHHHH! Don't let the liquor control board here you or they will raise liquor prices!

Hit the motherload this evening. Around 60 pepsi pts and 100 coke pts with lots of 12 and 24 pks.Pepsi pts are around 1/3 of coke pts. Thought I had more,but some of the codes were already entered-UGGH!1 of the case boxes of pepsi didn't even have a code printed on it,but everything else with the promotion printed on it.That cost me 4 pts,and to get the code for it,I'd have to send the case back along with self addressed padded envelope/box for the return code. Too much of an annoyance to mess with.

I even found 2 buy 1 get 1 free pepsi caps. Also picked up 4 more free dr pepper caps.People throwing away free pop! Shame on them. Suppose to be 1-6 is a winner with DR pepper. My average is 1 winner to 4.35 caps-not too shabby.

That's 13 straight days of dumpster diving! What's the record?

9. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I need to dive more often...plain and simple.

As far as liquor prices go...it depends on what you're buying. My Sambuca just went up locally (not by a huge margin, but more is more) and so did beer in genereal.

A guy i work withs son-in-law works for the local garbage pick up company. He called and let my fellow employee know that a beer truck tipped on an Interstate and wht was cleaned up was sitting in a dumpster.

Long and skinny, this guy i work with scored 49 various bottles of beer and froze his ass off for all of fifteen minutes.

I need a score like that!

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i never really thought about it before but it is diving..lol

bout 5 years ago at my work. next door to us was a distributing company. miller products and wine. they would sell us the so called outdated beer for 5 bucks a case. we bought from there all the time.
    well they bought them a new place and was movieng. so they just decided to toss all there out dated beer. the guys on dayshift wouldnt go over to the dumpster and get anything from it. so once i got there (working second shift) i went over and looked in the dumpster it weas full to the top with coors,coors lite, miller lite,keystone,keystonelite.....i got a couple cases of coors put them in my car. didnt have tha t much room in the car.

so the next day i drove my little dodge ram 10 pickup to work hopeing the dumpster guys didnt come to empty yet.

well me and my buddy that night brought there dumpster in our building andwe began to unload it..i over all got 32 cases of different beer. and about 6 cases so to say of the 16oz cans of miller lite

my buddy got about the same so all in all we got about 70 cases of beer, for free.plus we was still on the clock at work so we got paid to get free beer..lol i didnt buy beer for 4months..lol

11. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

As i said before...i need a score like that! Lol.

12. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

cincyrob, at least you were getting paid twice for something you like doing.

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea that was a good haul. by far my best..lol whats funny i was just out in my work shed and tinkering around and i found one of the coors bottles. took everything i had not to pop the top..lol

gonna head up to my other BB and see if anything is there.. not like i need cases..(well over 1200)

14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

thats not enough, you need another zero added to that number!!

15. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

1200 cases?
    Rob, you are starting to scare me. Do I see OCD written on the wall somewhere? Please tell me you have enough disks to put inside those 1200 cases... I would hate to think how much paper and ink it would take to print covers for all them thar cases?

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@BlivetNC
    your 100% right. it is a ocd type thing i just cant help myself. i tell my self i will stop and just see whats there. but i get there and see 6-8 bags of cases i cant pass them up..lol just thinking of the land fills and all the plastic going in there that wont degrade away....

i did do a phyiscal count on them lastnight i dont have 1200.
    only 1138. used 3 for some movies i did yesterday...LMAO!!!!

as for disc to go into all those cases.. my name aint docTY i dont have a surplus of disc..lol i might have about 200 disc right now. waiting on office max to get some verbs on sale so i can use all of my ink carts and cash them in..lol

oh yea. im going to the dive here in a couple hours..lol

17. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Dive ,Dive, Dive !!!!! LOL! A Dumpster Diver is a salvage Diver ! if It's IN a dumpster They retrieve it ! If It;s To Big They Bring Help ! If it's CincyRob They slam the lid on him & steal his Truck LOL! Just kidding Buddy or as Greensman Would say GIT'R DONE !!!!!!!

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- That's Because when you finally figure out what it cost to drive A Fullsize vehicle ( aka Non Economy or Non-Hybrid ) You get depressed and stay home and drink ! 0R get a Designated Driver ? Me I'm gonna go hit The Bourbon & peppermint Cough Syrup & relax !!! Damn Cough !!!!, Damn Cold ! Damn Damn Damn !!!!!!! And they swam, and they swam all over the Dam LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ciao !!!!!

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@bigtoxy69

The wife drives the land yacht, I drive a mustang. We drive so few miles in a year that gas price hasn't made too much of a dent. I did notice that Exxon gas in BR is loaded with ethanol. There was no announcement that I remember that ethanol was now in local gas. I haven't been to another brand lately to check to see if they have the ethanol sticker.

3 iddy bitty fishes eh? you are ancient! :) LMAO

20. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Hmmmm alcohol isn't any good for me. I'll pass on that opportunity.