1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I'm waiting for the sasquatch to carry one of those 3 foot tall step ladder to help him crawl in and out of them huge dumpsters, imagine the site of a huge hairy, odorenhanced bipedal creature with mining spotlight carrying a huge sack and a stepladder, 911 will be busy that night with a deluge of panic stricken callers. "Look mommy, it's the Anti Santa Claus!" Strapping a 'gator in front of a wheel barrow may sound hysterical, but will prove to be a logistically impossible challenge to pull off.
    http://www.surpluscomputers.com/House_Brand_9_LED_Head_Lamp/CES11581/partinfo-id-348367.html#

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Or you can borrow my Mom's grabber claw-similar to above- except probably twice the cost because it's for old people. LOL

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

garmoon, wait til your mom sees this as you'll end up with 2 black eyes instead of red eyes!

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ddp

she'll never see this or know. She used to pack a good switch. Finally I got old enough where it didn't hurt and used to laugh at her when she whipped me,UNTIL my Dad came home. LMAO

6. ddp

& how do you know she won't know?

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Garmoon- Don't laugh Been their Done that !! Did'nt take mine from mom ! Bought my own for about $3.00 @ big Lots I think ? It was The Assualt Version ( Folding Stock LOL) - It had a Hinge in the middle which Eventually Wore Out /Broke { Cheap Plastic ) I Splinted it with a piece of Dowel & some cable-ties { If you can't fix it with cable -ties , Duck Tape , A pair of Channel Locks or a Ball Peen Hammer ) = Then it's Broken!! I kept using it forever but Eventually the wire/Cable that connects the handle /trigger and the actual Claw /jaws /Gripper? take your pick ? Stretches and the jaws wont close tightly after that ! Though it was good while it lasted ! Unless your going to store it in cramped Quarters I would get The non- folding model The ones I've seen seem sturdier and will probably last longer - Harbor frieght has a Cheap one but it has small jaws and probably would'nt be able to pick up more than one dvd case at a time so it'd probably be better too go with a regular reacher like the Gopher kind ! Here's a link FWIW http://www.reacher.com/?OVRAW=reach...advanced&OVADID=5983925011&OVKWID=32208241011 - harbor frieght ITEM 99957-0VGA- this seems like a good deal ? but not the one I bought from them !

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- Beware of The Dad ! Unless your Mother Is Joan Crawford - Btw What ever Happened to Baby Jane ? God I love that movie Bettie Davis at Her Evil B***h Best Imho LOL Ciao!!!!

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ddp

She can barely get her TV on. Doesn't play DVD player, wants no cell phone-"if I need one,then I'll just borrow one from someone next to me",and refuses to even turn on her burglar alarm for fear it'll go off in the night and she'll have a heart attack! LOL

10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- yes my friend and I'm also guessing that she remembers RADIO a strange DEvice that was something like TV but With no Picture ! A strange invention indeed ! Without The Pretty Moving Pictures and Bright colours we might Even have to Think for ourselves ? or Perish the Though Read a book ! Book another strange invention ! Square sheets of processed wood pulp Bound together and filled with an even stranger invention something called Words { Strange mystical Symbols Bearing great wisdom & enlightenment ) For those still able to decipher their meaning ( Young Symbol Maker garmoon) Teenage Caveman - Robert Vaughn - Hair perfect even that far back { I want his scalp when he dies !!!) Classic B movie Watch it and that line ( Young Symbol Maker will make sense Maybe ? anyway Like the snow I have Drifted ! Off subject ! On moms Yours mine & everyones They're the Best even with their little idiosynchrosies & Rituals !!! God bless Them All !!! & watch out for the Coathangers Ciao

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I know your out there , I can Hear you Breathing ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Should have said snoring !!!!!- Wake up or I shall Pull the covers off Hee ,Hee , Hee !!!!!! Just kidding Or Not LOL???????????

12. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

01/27/09 MADE an early A.M. Dumpster run - No Cases just food residue , cardboard & Popcorn Tins

13. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

We got about 12" of snow between last night and this morning, LOL!! Everything is shut down.

All the dumpsters are covered in snow. Took half an hour to plow out driveway with my snowblower.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yesterday it was 81 (a record) here and today tops of about 47. Climate change my a$$.

15. ddp

all the snow we are getting today are from our lousey neighbors to the south. go home american snow!!!

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ddp

At least it was snow and not ICE-over 1 mil w/o power now in States.

And now your poor polar bears have ice pack from which to hunt!

17. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

NEW YORK'S A LONELY TOWn

ooh, ooh, ooh, ahh, ahh, ahh

My folks moved to New York from California
    I should have listened when my buddy{ JVC) said "I Gotta warn ya" (warn ya)
    "There'll be no Dumpster Divin' there and no one even ca-a-ares"

(My Dumpster's outside) covered with snow
    (Nowhere to go now)
    New York's a lonely town
    When you're the only Dumpster Diver around

From Central Park to Pasadena's such a long way
    I feel so out of it walkin' down Behind (Blockbuster)
    I feel so bad each time I look out there and fi-i-ind

(Nowhere to go now)
    New York's a lonely town

ooh, ooh, ooh, ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh

I feel so bad each time I look out there and fi-i-ind

(Nowhere to go now)
    New York's a lonely town

ooh, ooh, ooh, ahh, ahh, ahh
    ooh, ooh, ooh
    FADE
    ahh, ahh ect... With Apologies ! Iknow it does'nt flow as good as the original classic But I thought it might Cheer you snowbirds up LOL!!!! Here's to better weather all around ! Good Luck , Good weather & Happy Hunting !!!!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- Louisiana The State of Insanity !!! LOL J/k ! really what's that saying " If you don't Like Louisiana Weather wit thirty Minutes and it'll Change for you !!!!" or Something like that ? Ciao !

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Mr Biggy

I resemble that remark!

20. ddp

i thought you looked like it too!!