1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Luck O' The Irish ??????????- well Maybe ? I Did a Triple Header This A.M. In Honor Os St. Patrick & To keep RippDogg Happy !!! " I feel HappY !!!!!!!!" - I went to My Old Faithful Dumpster First ! & Found about 20 Odd Cases In the Second ( Old Style ) Dumpster !!!, From there I went To the Next Nearest BB { 5-6 Miles Away } & Found About 40ish More along with some of the Opaque { Cloudy white/ Clear Ps-3 cases !}About 6 of those . I then when to Dangerous Door (Dumpster #3 } the one where I got Caught about 1yr. ago & found 1 cases Then it was back to the sQuatch cave - To count, clean & sort !!!. I found one free Movie with the stuck Anti-theft lock still in it VexVille ? A CgI /Animated Thing I think ? ! Not A big haul Compared to some of the earlier Dives I made this year but To repeat The Mantra of Our Spiritual Leader, Guru < Mentor , Grand Poobah & Exalted Lord High Everything Else JVC" Free Is Free !!!!!!" And tht'sanother 62/63 I won't have to buy LOL!!!! Cheers My friends !!!!!!!!!!

2. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

It's not the catch but the thrill of the chase anyway, the idea that we all have the chance to be CincyRob, if just for a night.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

RippDogg- Yeah But Don't tell his wife We want it to be a surprise LOL!!!Just Kidding Rob !!!!!!!!!!

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

hey the more the merrier...lol i went saturday afternoon to a not so local BB. looked in the dumpster and there had to been 6 bags of cases with covers... i would have gotten them all but there was like 2 ft of water and what ever else type of liquid in there... i cried leaveing that dumpster. maybe if i had a pickup i would have gotten them but there was no way im puttin that in the back of the explorer...

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

That's being honest I'll Grant you that Much !!!!cincyrob ! But I hear You ! I'm Thinking of maybe one of us should try a decent sized Dip/scoop net Like what you go fishing with ? You know you catch a fish & use the net to scoop it out of the lake ,pond , whatever ? In principle if you had a decent sized one it should work with cases too ? ! specially if they are floating in Blockbuster Jumbo economy sized Cream of Dumpster soup!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! { he actually said that } It might work ? You Could combine your two favorite hobbies Dumpster diving & Fishing LOL!!!!!!!!!!! - It's a thought anyhow ( OOOOHHHH! My Brain Hurts !!!} - I Use My Reacher Grabber gadget It's slower than grabbing the whole bag But they usually brake anyhow! if your Patient you can grab 2 0r 3 at once !!All those barroom nights spent playing the Claw Machine finally Pay off Huh ? Or you could just bring a cordless drill & some bits and drill Some drain holes in the dumpster - Or If You don't mind the noise a few Rounds through the bottom would work too !!! - But I understand Wetness ( Louisiana The Wet OOPS !!! I mean State we're in !} I would get a Reacher/Grabber though They really!help - Good luck - A small Bilge pump might work too ? Ideas , Ideas , Ideas _ OOOH my Brain Hurts again !!!!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  6. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

7. JVC

JVC Active member

That would look good on a cap, or as a patch on a sleeve....... :eek:)

8. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I would change the Motto from " Recycling Happens !!!" to " Let's Get Dirty !!!!" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

9. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

I hit my favorite two spots and attempted a third with no luck. It was probably for the best since it's been a bit rainy all up in heya. On a positive note, it appears the personnel at site #2 don't enjoy a good pizza crust. I knew that can of CheeseWhiz in the back seat would come in handy eventually.

P.S.-Here's an interesting link to a support group if you'd like to begin diving but don't know where to start.

http://dumpsterdiving.meetup.com/

Also, I'm putting together a "junket" sponsored by the Northwest Ohio Case Recycling Alternative Program (NOCRAP). The trip costs $350 and we'll make supervised dives over the course of two days-three nights at over 30 different Blockbuster and independent video locations in Ohio and Michigan. Members can stay with us at the luxurious I-280 Motor Lodge (free towels and showerhead with refundable deposit) and enjoy gourmet meals cooked to perfection at the Cracker Barrel next door. If you're interested, hold that thought because Donny hasn't got the whole thing ironed out yet; his uncle's supposed to let us use his NASCAR bus to drive everybody but he said we have to put a new battery in it first. Also, the first 20 to sign up will receive a customized t-shirt with the program's logo emblazened on the back in permanent marker and your name on the front. I'll post more when we've got everything hashed out.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

RippDogg
    how can one get on the staff list for this new association your starting up? it seems very inviting.

11. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Hey, there he is! Actually, you're our poster child; obviously the Honored and Great JVC (Free is Free) adorns our logo, but you my friend are the face of our organization and a symbol of all that we hope to attain. So, can I put you down for a King size or would you prefer two twins (we get lots of groupies)?

12. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

The sickness is spreading, I smell franchise opportunites here. I shudder to think of Cincy showing up at 3AM on the Spike channel showing his organized tour bus filled with a bunch of girls from the "Girls Gone Wild" version of the diving tour. Hurry up and register DUMD on the NYSE for your company before someone else camps out on it. Throw in free beer and all you can eat wings and pizza and you'll have a winner for sure.

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

that looks a little better...ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

this Saturday we are taken the boys to INDY to the children's museum. think i will try and find a BB there in INDY.. do some exporting of cases across the state line. a form of Prohibition of some sort.

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Is the new association giving out bonus money too???????????

15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

'It's a beautiful thing when creative minds get disturbed ! or in some peoples cases ( pun not intended ) disturbed minds get creative ?" Thus sez Me LOL!!! Yeah I wanna Steal all the Cute lil' soaps , Some bath Towels & and a Ashtray or 2 and maybe a couple o' Waitresses from Da' Cracker Barrel Next Door's Hearts !!! Assuming They Like Fur ,Don't have too many Prison Tattoo's have Most of their own Teeth or atleast a set they can take out for Special diners ? Dinners ? and are Hopefully 50 Or Under and still HOT!!!! though if Pickings are slim I'll settle for still Breathing LOL!!!! Hell Boys Why not just Rent a Garbage truck with the Dumpster lift on it and cut out the middle man LOL!!! - It's really great when everybody get's on the same CRumpled and twisted page ! Now if only I could read this dyslexic Scrawl We could get there ? Cheers Compadres !!!!! & Beware of Saugmons Green Fog !!!!

16. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- only to the Mods and People in Finland !!!!!

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

we'll take the bonuses as we don't get paid anyhow.

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

ddp- Ya ! Me I'd Taake the Lovely Finnish Women Beating me in the Sauna with the Birch Branches !!! BUt my bonus will end up being My wife Hitting me with the Broom again !! - Ouch !!! Just ,Ouch Kidding HOney !!! ouch Can't You Take Ouch!!! JOke OUCH!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

19. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

They use Cedar branches (switches) in saunas.

20. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

@ CincyRob - I'm no attorney but I think taking minors across state lines to engage in dumpster diving could be a violation of the Ohio Revised Code. "Sir, would you and your children please spread your legs and place both hands on the dumpster? No sir, I don't want some cases." LMAO
    BTW-Do you still have the Children's Museum in CVG, part of the IMAX? That was a really cool old terminal building or something. We went there years ago and the kids had a great time in the waterworks, etc.