1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

GrandpaBW- Well Sir I defer to your Greater Wisdom on the Subject ! As I confess to having been in a Sauna Before but unfortunately not in The Country of Finland and Minus The Beautiful Finnish Ladies and Their Branches OF Cedar - !! I think I would Still Prefer THe Birch though Cedar Would make me Smell Like a Hot Sweaty Fur Coat in a Cedar Armoire' { Hot wet Mothballs ) basically !!! But To each their own I suppose ! Maybe I'll ask them to Use Hickory Branches Then I'd Smell Like Wild Hickory nuts Or atleast a Warm Bowl of Grapenuts LOL!!! - Beware the Ghost of Eul Gibbons !!!!!!!!! Later GrandpaBW

2. Whysper20

Whysper20 Member

Anyone thought of Future shop,Easy home,wal-mart? I found a computer in the easy home dumpster only thing wrong with it, it had no hard drive no ram and the tower was dented in the bottom everything else on the mobo was good cpu,vid-card,dvd drive ect... a friend also found a 3000$ speaker set in easy home dumpster only thing wrong was one of the 3 speaker had no plugs and a crack in the bottom so the sand was leaking out.found a flat 19" monitor in the wal mart dumpster back light was gone got it fix for 40$ id say that was a good deal for a 19" flat screen.

If you got the knowledge to fix thing you'd be amazed on some of the stuff you can find in there

Dumpster Diving FTW!!!!!Can i be a member of the dumpster Diving team ?? loll

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

take a look at sears dumpsters as i got a 4kw gas generator that cost $300 to fix, a 10" cabinet tablesaw that cost $200 to fix, a 10" compound miter saw that needed a weld job & a bunch of other stuff. got that back in the early 90's & still using the table saw.

4. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

@Whysper20 - LISTEN MISTER. We don't let just ANYONE in this club. Just cuz you've been lucky in the past doesn't mean you've got what it takes to be an Official Afterdawn Diver. LUCKY DOESN'T MAKE YOU TALENTED; IT JUST MEANS YOU'VE GOT GOOD TIMING. Did you read the bylaws? Take the pledge? HAVE YOU SWORN EVERLASTING ALLEGIANCE TO THE GREAT ONE (JVC)?!? Did you buy BigToxy69s North American Guide to Dumpster Dive Methods Vol. II ($39.99-Amazon)? I didn't think so.
    (Actually, I uh...just between you and me, I think you have to donate to the ModFund if you want to be an official member. They won't tell me. I'm just probationary myself; something about my portfolio not being strong enough and nobody liking me. Plus, I think there's a jump-in involved and I'm no good on a pogo stick).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  5. Whysper20

Whysper20 Member

Darn, more book to buy.damn u amazon for accepting my money!!!Lucky? maybe...some says its my irish side.(Hope u guys had a blast on st-patty) as far as talented goes i once jumped in a dumpster with my bike would that count? if not oh well summer is coming it will be the perfect time to practice drunk diving

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

LOL! I married a Finlander, and I live in Minneosta, where I have a multitude of Birch and Cedar on my property.

Cedar is aromatic, and the "branches" are full, and supposedly feel good, when lightly smacked against the body, while in the sauna.

Birch branches are sticks, and not appropriate for saunas. :)

BTW, we do have a sauna, down by the lake, but I only take a couple of saunas each Summer, and I don't let anyone smack me with a Cedar switch. :)

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

not even the wife!!!

8. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

Ahhhh...drunk diving and the aromatic smell of cedar sticks cracking against my ars; yep, spring's here.

9. Whysper20

Whysper20 Member

hummmm dont we just love the smell of dumpster in the morning cooking under the sun at 7am lol on my way to a friend ill be stoping by the local BB and post my result in a few

later fellow diver

10. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Only if she asks me, nicely. :)

11. Whysper20

Whysper20 Member

THX Great JVC for the BB plug i do not have a pile of cd's laying around anymore but nicely re-arrange in cases and soon to be labeled :)
    the hunt was good,on my way back home went diving for some goods and ended up with a bow saw lol and a bunch of cases(aprox:90) from the generous blockbuster dumpster department.

12. Whysper20

Whysper20 Member

i dont know why but Holy Diver sounds pretty good right now

13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

GrandpaBW- Well I would say your Probably the Lucky one !!! Most of the women I've seen from The Nordic /Skandinavian - areas of Euro- Land seem to have all Descended from the Planet Gorgeous !!! A short Lightship jump from the Don't Even think about it Galaxy !!! LOL!!! - And know the Refined Gentleman that You are I can only Assume with a Degree Of Certainity That Mrs. GranpawBW is just such as Lovely as mentioned above !! so I guess that makes you both lucky ? IN either case I'm still not sold on the Cedar branch thing !!! maybe I could get them to Beat me With Cinnamon Sticks Then I'd Smell Like a Steaming Bowl of Cinnamon ToasT crunch ? Or If I was feeling slightly exotic They Could beat me with live Binturong's and then I would smell like Popcorn !!!!! - Good luck GrandPa BW & To the family as well !!!

14. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

LOL, she is a Michigan, Upper Peninsula, Finlander, now getting old. :)

And yes, I am a lucky person. This past Thursday, we celebrated our 39th anniversary, but she was 2,000 miles from here, visiting 2 of our grandkids.

I was forced to stay at home, drink beer, and watch the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Damn the bad luck. :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  15. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

GrandpaBW- Indeed lucky - Congrats and many More anniversaries too come for you both !!!!

16. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

"I was forced to stay at home, drink beer, and watch the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Damn the bad luck."- Don't really Follow Nuch Sports Other Than The DUMPSTER Olympics LOL!!! BUt Being Forced to Stay Home and Drink Beer - Fortunate indeed !!!!!!

17. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Thanks, Bigtoxy69.

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

GrandpaBW- well us Granpa's have to stick together !!!!

19. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Not exactly Cases But .... Cleaned off the Carport yesterday and Stipped out a Junk Puter Found on the streets after The storm ( Finally ) was an old Compaq - Recovered a Huge ( 12 Gb HDD) , Zip Drive , and a DVD-rom ) trashed the rest !!! not sure what I'll do with these treasures but I'll figure it out eventually !!!!!

20. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Made My morning Pilgrimage to the Big City ( Aka Dumpsterland ) hit three dumpsters including old faihfull !!! All I got for my efforts was 1 DVD case and a 1/4 Hieght Coke Case Tray - ( Like a Milk Crate but Only about 1/4 as deep !!!) Now If Wanted Cardboard Boxes or Shelves or Wire Racks I Would have hit the motherlode !!!Can't complain Though !! Been Doing Good on Cases And It takes me a Good while to go through a couple hundred & That's with Giveaways For the GrandKids & NEphews,Nieces , Family ect.... !!!! and I got a few ahead so I don't feel as Depressed if I don't Hit the Jack-POt Everytime !!! It's like any other endeavor ! If you won every Poker Game they would'nt Call it Gambling would they? They'd call it winning !!! OR if you Caught Fish on Every Trip They'd call it Catching !!! you get the picture !!! Anyways Good Luck and all That & Beware of Finns Bearing Cedar LOL!!!