1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumpster diving !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digerati8, Jul 6, 2005.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ive been to 3 dives now and have gotten the big GOOOOOSE EGG..
    still hateing the fact i left 6+bags the other day...lol

ive been doing some copies for my parents and sister. i bet ive used up about 150 case. im getting close to the 1200 case mark... thats extremely low. i need to replenish my inventory closer to 2000....LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH is wrong with me...????? im haven puter issues and worrying about getting under 1200 cases....

i do have a image to uphold...what ever that may be????

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

ROFL... you do have a problem but it goes further than NOT having some cases... hehehe. :p

It's amazing what you people find. I've been on ZERO hunts in a some time now. Just don't have the equipment to do it. NOT really I just have other things weighing me down, like my wifes car acting up, job hunting, thinking of food, and chores around the house. :p

...gm

edit: weighing NOT waiting. lol.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  3. bryston

bryston Regular member

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Yeah Buddy !!!!- Must be a Dumpster Drought Going around ? But hopefully it Won't last Too Long ? Has Anyone noticed That they ( BB) Don't seem to Be chucking as many Double cases as they used to ? Either they are'nt Getting as many Dual disc movies /Tv series Ect ... or if they are they're Not getting off the cases like they did before ? Maybe it's juxt the Conondrum of the Quest ? { When you don't want or need something it's Ubiquitous !!!= (Everywhere ) But if you want or need it then you can't find it anywhere? Go figure ! } The reason I brought that up is I'm doing some Tv Show episodes and they can eat up singles quick ! Besides A Few Doubles take up less Space Than Multiple singles !! , Maybe I'll just Do a Binder/Wallet of Tv series ect... ? Anyway Atleast it looks like we're all in the same Boat ? {Or perhaps in Our case Dumpster Dive -wise Right now ? Good luck and Beware The Green Fog of Saugmon !!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

BB is just not putting the second disc in. A single case is cheaper. Be on the look out for the second disc. Quantum of Solace for rentals has the out side cover as a 2 disc set but 1 disc and the two disc(same cover) real set for sale too. So they are chucking the extra disc. Those locking cases are eating up the profits. At first, when I was renting VHS tapes(not BB), they had the empty boxes; and would put the tape in as you checked out.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- Actually I think For some reason that the 2-Disc/dvd versions of some titles must be cheaper for them to purchase ? Even though I assume that they are getting them @ wholesale Prices with a Big Volume discount ! Though I understand what your saying !! Ironic Though I've found Two Quadruple Cases sort of recently !! which is a anomaly to be sure ! I've found doubles & various Colored Cases before Clear/translucent, red, orange, blue , silver, bronze/copper? and the ever popular {BOOGER Green - Ps-2/Game cases) BUt mainly the Plain Old Black Keep cases or Black Locking Cases!!! I even Found some Ps-3 cases recently I put season one of Ghost Whisperer in those ! Jennifer Love Hewitt Can Whisper in my dumpster anytime !!! Maybe we could make a Sequel To her Movie Confessions of A Sociopahtic Social Climber while she's there ? We could Call it Confession of a Anti-Social Dumpster sQuatch- Night of the GasFace !!!! lol!!!. It's a thought anyhow !!!! Oh' well That's about it for now !!! Ciao ! buddy!!!

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

They call it Dumpster Diving ! Not Dumpster Swimming ! Called on Account of Rain Again !!!!!!!!!!!!

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

We be a gettin snow here today... NOT that I'd be out rummaging anyway. :p I've got a new idea on saving money from a friend of mine but I'm NOT gonna tell you bunch of PROS what it is. :p

....gm

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

party pooper!!!!

10. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

So much for sharing information along the information super highway, Must be the inner bigfoot inside Bigtoxy.

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Well ,Well what's all this then ? And now for something completely different ! NOT !!!! well atleast I got your attention Did'nt I ? {Pay attention !!!!!!!) Went Yesterday And swung by My Most Productive Dumpster ! was'nt expecting much as I checked it Tuesday !!! Found A c0uple of Gaming magazines still in the Plastic Wrap! No Biggie But both Copies of the Mag Had a free X-Box Demo Disc in a Slimline Opaque DVD case !!! all nice and Clean so I Dumpster-fishied them out took the Cases ou t of the magazine bags and re-trashed tthe magazines ! They had aother magazines in the dumpster but not with Disc& cases !!! Well 2 ain't nothing to write home about but as Grand Wazoo & Sheik Yerbouti at Passing Cars JVC sez " FREE IS FREE !!!- So that's about it atleast it isn't snowing here !!!!!!!!!

12. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

See, the pagan entity which grants fortune in the dumpster has decided to smite your chances for a good haul. If you had shared your wealth of knowledge with the rest of us humble students of the dumpsterquest league, master Big would have been awash with glorious trinkets from the trash, but oh no, the entity has decided to shower you with nothing.
    Me thinks the great one has cast a hex upon you. Me thinks bribery is in order to restore favor among the inner circle.

13. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

That Which is One Is One ! That which is not One is also One ! or To Quote Kwai Gang Cain " I seek Not To Know all The Answers ! but Merely to Understand The Question ? . Kung Fu Theme plays in the Background - Deep Like That !!!!!And the monkey wrapped his tail around the flag-pole
    To show his arse-hole
    To the one, two, three- TRio Rules !!!!

14. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Made a A.m. Dumpster Run Today -12 Singles the Locking kind ! I gave it the What fer' Too !!! Hit the three Nearest BB's and that was the sum total of my reward ! Lot's of Trash & Paper, Cardboard & Food Residue -Doo !!! ewwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!! But That's another dozen I won't have to pay for so I'll Be Gratefull and shut up now !!!! are'nt you gald LOL!!!!???????

15. JVC

JVC Active member

Haven't been to the dumpster in awhile.
    Went early this morning, and ended up with a count of 544 cases!
    My best dive yet! :eek:)

APRIL FOOL!!!!!! LOL

16. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

JVC- Thou Arte Truly a Leader and Spiritual Advisor of Great and Profound Wisdom !!!!!!! NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay Well Maybe Just a Little bit LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! J/k JVC - Oh Grand Exhalted Poobah Decacon Of Dumpsterdom and Coach of THe Flannel Shirt & Comfortable Shoes Womens Softball League !!!!!!! Back atcha'!!!!!!April Fo0ls Guy !!!

17. nemo78221

nemo78221 Member

hey,i just went on my first successful dumpster dive! i went to my local blockbuster which has a small dumpster in the back no lock or any no trespassing signs etc.i ended up with 82 cases and one copy of mama mia that was in perfect condition in the case.I have to thank bigtoxy69 for giving me the link to this thread and for getting me interested in "free is free".thanks to all and have a great day

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Nemo - I've found you LOL!!!!!- Great going !!!!! My last dive 51 cases + 6 PS3 gme cases ! and about 6 plastic coke cases the kind that cans come in . Got quite afew of the Booger Green Game type cases too Hooray!!!!- Anyway welcome to the Dumpster I mean club Nemo & More good dives to come !!!!- FWIW & Whoever might care I'm not dead but my Internet and desktop are Screwy so if you don't hear from my gnarled and twisted mind don't worry too much okay?????

19. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

BIGTOXY, what is it doing or not doing?

20. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

DDP- well it started going ape-doody on me a couple of days ago and then I developed connectivity problems ! I solved the connection problems I had to Reboot the Router /wifi/Vonage adapter & the modem ! But the main desktop problem still remains Sometimes you open a window or application and 60 or 87 of that window open up ? - and or if I pass the most over a Icon it will open the application even if I did'nt click on it . I did system restore and that did'nt really help tried doing a fresh install of windows and that did'nt clear things up toomuch either ? I'm Going to contact dell soon as I get a chance I have the extended warranty I just need to know whether I send it back to them or take it to alocal shop and tell them bill it to dell or square trade or whoever is fulfilling their warranty action? I hope I can get it done locally ? I'm not really keen on Shipping my computer to East Where-ever USA if I can void it ? - I still have my laptop and my old Emachines so I won'nt be completely without computer but The DEll Is what I've been working with and is the fastest and most current one I have ! BUt having a slow car beats walking I suppose ? well that's about it My friend ! I'll let ya' know how it sorts out finaly cheers and thanks DDP